V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting a SE 103 for my 05 FXDWGI, and maybe getting a little ahead of myself since build won't happen for a few months.

But, I have been trying to find a Harley dealer in my area who does Dyno tuning and I just talked to Ocean County Harley in Lakewood, N.J., who has a DynoJet 250 and sounds like they know their stuff.

So, anyone looking for a Harley dealer in Central Jersey with a good dyno maybe this is a good contact.

They tell me my SE 103 after a RT dyno tune should be around 105 at the rear wheel.

Hope this helps my Central Jersey buddies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Central Jersey Shop

DCRANER
See Dealership/Shop posts on this Fourm #20. Got feedback from guys who are real happy with their work. They are a performance shop. They are on 537west of great adventure. Stroker Motors
JoeH

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JoeH said:
DCRANER
See Dealership/Shop posts on this Fourm #20. Got feedback from guys who are real happy with their work. They are a performance shop. They are on 537west of great adventure. Stroker Motors
JoeH
Are you talking about Ocean County Harley Davidson in Lakewood, I think on Route 70?

·
Registered
934 Posts
From compressor#v on the top tuners thread:

Ken at Blackhills Custom Parts is a very good tuner according to some who race in the AHDRA.

darrell

·
Registered
22 Posts
Central NJ Shop

Dcraner
It is not Ocean County HD, Stroker Motors is a performance shop located on Rt 537 about 10 miles west of Great Adventure. They were originally located in Rahway,NJ .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my '04 Lowrider at Ocean County on Rt 70, brought it there for 1,000 & 5,000 services. Also a couple times in between for my running up to 300 degrees after only about 20 minutes ride time. I'm ok as far as their fluid changes go but they tried to charge me a couple hundred bucks for diag'ing a check engine lite because they couldn't find the "problem", a week before they pulled out 48 codes. I told them, "the problem was the check engine lite, that they just couldn't find the cause & that I wasn't paying any diag charge since it's got extended coverage". They did away with the diag charge after confronting them. Anyway,, Atlantic County in Absecon has been very very good to me after my OCHD incident, I'm giving them a try when it's time to Dyno. Sorry so long.

·
GoFast!
263 Posts
Ken at Black Hills has a Dynojet 250i and he knows what he's doing.:D

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
rode out 537 today looking for strokers. ended up at cycles inc. guess i didnt go far enough west. looks like a machine shop/engine builder. lots of equipment in house. spoke to the owner joe. had no problem answering questions and listening to my bd chopper.

also been to black hills in rockaway. had my bike dyno tuned by ken a month ago. top notch. patient, informative, productive.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
DCRANER said:
I am in the process of getting a SE 103 for my 05 FXDWGI, and maybe getting a little ahead of myself since build won't happen for a few months.

But, I have been trying to find a Harley dealer in my area who does Dyno tuning and I just talked to Ocean County Harley in Lakewood, N.J., who has a DynoJet 250 and sounds like they know their stuff.

So, anyone looking for a Harley dealer in Central Jersey with a good dyno maybe this is a good contact.

They tell me my SE 103 after a RT dyno tune should be around 105 at the rear wheel.

Hope this helps my Central Jersey buddies.
Hey DCraner,

I have an appointment with Ken at Black Hills Customs (up north in Rockaway) next week. I hope it's warm or that's going to be a cold ride. He's putting in a Powercommander and is going to Dyno tune my bike. I'll let you know how it goes and if it's worth the trip, although it might be like comparing apples and oranges. I don't know how much more Ken will be able to squeeze out of a TC 88 with stock cams and heads. You should be able to wring a lot of power out of that stroker motor.
As for local HD dealerships, I talked to Tony at Long Branch. He doesn't have a dyno there, but he recommended HD of Edison. I gave those guys a call, but their Dyno is down or broken. Anyway, they referred me to Ocean HD. I don't know anything, good or bad, about Ocean HD. That's the scoop on the local guys dynos.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lunker said:
Hey DCraner,

I have an appointment with Ken at Black Hills Customs (up north in Rockaway) next week. I hope it's warm or that's going to be a cold ride. He's putting in a Powercommander and is going to Dyno tune my bike. I'll let you know how it goes and if it's worth the trip, although it might be like comparing apples and oranges. I don't know how much more Ken will be able to squeeze out of a TC 88 with stock cams and heads. You should be able to wring a lot of power out of that stroker motor.
As for local HD dealerships, I talked to Tony at Long Branch. He doesn't have a dyno there, but he recommended HD of Edison. I gave those guys a call, but their Dyno is down or broken. Anyway, they referred me to Ocean HD. I don't know anything, good or bad, about Ocean HD. That's the scoop on the local guys dynos.
Hey LUNKER, first, I really like the look of your WG, that front wheel / fender is killer.

I have heard good things about Black Hills, and I think you will be very surprised at how much a good dyno tune will give you. That 2 into 1 exhaust with the tune should work real well.

Good luck, let me know how it works out, and maybe we can hookup some time.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Got the ride tuned and dynoed today

I rode up to Rockaway this morning and met up with Ken at Black Hills Customs. He was a real nice guy and seemed very knowledgeable. He installed a new PowerCommander (PCIII USB) on the bike and spent a few hours tuning on the dyno. Ken did a few different runs to see what the optimal number of disks was for my exhaust (Supertrapp Supermegs 2into1). As it turns out, he went with 32. He started with 20 and kept getting better results with more. He was able to get 78.4 max torque and 75.5 max HP out of a Stage I TC 88". Here's the chart.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lunker said:
I rode up to Rockaway this morning and met up with Ken at Black Hills Customs. He was a real nice guy and seemed very knowledgeable. He installed a new PowerCommander (PCIII USB) on the bike and spent a few hours tuning on the dyno. Ken did a few different runs to see what the optimal number of disks was for my exhaust (Supertrapp Supermegs 2into1). As it turns out, he went with 32. He started with 20 and kept getting better results with more. He was able to get 78.4 max torque and 75.5 max HP out of a Stage I TC 88". Here's the chart.

Hey Lunker. That looks like real good numbers at the rear wheel for a Stage I TC 88, and I would think it would have a much better feel going thru the gears.

I hope you like it. Sounds like money well spent.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Lunker, Ken @Blackhills is a great guy, and a darn good engine builder. Knew you would be satisfied. BTW, thats one fine lookin ride you have.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Thanks guys.

The change in the ride isn't immediately obvious until you start pushing the bike a little. I can roll on the throttle and the power comes on much more smoothly. I feel like I'm getting more power at the top end now. The lower end has always had pretty good power. The overall effect is a nice broad and even powerband. I think Ken did a good job and I would recommend him to anyone who isn't hellbent on using a SERT (Ken uses Powercommander). Compressor, you're right. Ken is a really nice guy. I'm looking forward to meeting up with him in another year or so when I have a 98" kit on the bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts