V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a center stand for a road King made by Rivco, www.rivcoproducts.com the price is $300 big ones:eek: Has any one bought a after market center stand for a Harley road bike? Wow, my savings will be going fast when the new bike gets here;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased the Rivco center stand for my '01 Ultra Classic 6 months ago and love it. I agree that it's expensive, but the long-term benefits justify the expence. It's well made, easy to install and works great. It makes servicing and cleaning your bike very easy and when your bike is in the upright position, it will take up less space in your garage. I looked long and hard for a similar stand, but found nothing that compares. I couldn't use the H-D ride-off stand, because I had an oil cooler (mounts in the same location).

Good luck and ride safe :)

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much mewalker, that is what I love about this board:) If some one asks a queston, it is bound to get a respond:) I printed a picture of that stand off the internet, it does look to be a nice piece, I will get it:cool:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
What's a HD ride-off stand? Will it also work on a King? I really like the idea of a center stand, is it safe to assume this could be an alternative to a bike lift a9like the Craftsman reported on another thread, at least as regards cleaning the wheels?? I have to take my bike in front of the apartment to clean it, and was worried that "carrying" a craftsman lift might be kind of heavy (even for a tough Harley guy).

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi gbenner, If you were to get just a center stand, that would lift the back tire off the ground about one inch. A ride off stand just keeps the bike upright, it does not put any weight from the bike on the stand. I am still going to get a Craftsman lift though, even if I was to get the center stand, which I am. Opps, yes it will work on a Road King, as long as you don't have the Harley oil cooler, you can't have both:(

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Markcuda, thx for the reply. I will seriously consider it as well.

btw, I have the Rivco airhorns shown in their add, they will wake the dead. Actually will startle the **** out of most assholes in cages who are casually drifting into your lane. Well worth the money, imho.

Just had new bars and switch gear installed by a local shop. Mechanic said when he tested the horn, expecting it to be loud, it still startled the **** out of him. He offered the comment when I picked up the bike.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Markcuda,
I also have a 2K3 FLHRCI in Gunmetal on order. Happy to hear from another that has the same taste in iron. Thanks on the info on the center stand, I know I will be ordering one before my bike comes in (Nov.). Don't have much room in my garage so it's either a center stand or my truck sits outside.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi cromagnum, We are going to rent a 2002 Electra Glide Classic October 5th. We are thinking that we may like a dresser better. My dealer said that I had a month to decide:) This will be my first Harley, I am so pumped to finaly own one:cool:

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Great news...

to know one can get a centre stand - my one big gripe about my Sportster.

Is it one size fits all and how does it mount?

Hope I can either get one here in the UK or get one sent over.

Cheers

Mike

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
On the Website...

there's also a stand for softails. I've e-mailed them to see if they have anything (or are working on anything) for Sportsters and Dynas.
I'll let you know what they say.

Cheers

Mike

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Just got a nice prompt reply from Rivco, but...

I'm afraid it''s bad news for us: no centrestand for Sportsters or Dynas.

We'll just have to wait another 100 years for the MotoCo to get round to fitting one :)

Cheers

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts