V-Twin Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new guy here and I've been following the threads about censorship.
I have to say that I prefer this forum, over HDF, because it isn't filled with vulgarity and semi-naked pics.
I'm far from a prude and my humor, and language, are often in poor taste. However, I do feel that this forum has more " class ". So, perhaps, the censorship, I'm reading about is not a bad thing.
BTW, I've noticed censorship on HDF. It just seems to be directed toward anything that doesn't fit the " biker trash " image that HDF projects.
-2$en#e-

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
There's an EOYOR forum here if you want to get a little crazy. The other forums pretty much provide a venue for whatever you want to discuss. This is a good forum. Glad it's up and running again.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MadCity said:
There's an EOYOR forum here if you want to get a little crazy.
That makes better sense to me than having the whole forum permeated with extreme vulgarity.

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Rule #6

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/faq.php

We are a society of laws. Whether you see it as good or bad, it ain't changin any time soon.

This is the best forum I have found for my needs. There are always choices, sometimes I feel like a doof.:yikes:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Lee Clarke said:
That makes better sense to me than having the whole forum permeated with extreme vulgarity.
Its people like you who go to extremes, think of the children types, that ruin it for everyone.

I don't think anyone, or very few wanted to lewd content all over. I guess that depends on hw prudish you are.

The bannings, my guess are more political. I doubt anythng that would make you blush.

I haven't followed it lately. But historicaly that is how has been.

Historically won't me much, yuo will probably ineherit this place.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Dunno if it's good or bad. I usually miss out on the transgression that causes a member or a post to disappear. Wasn't there so I am not going to judge it.

I like the place and plan on stickin' around. I do miss the "characters" though that gave this place its unique flavor.

I sometimes worry that after the purge is over what's left here are dullards like me who are much too boring to get themselves banned. :roflback:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Lee Clarke said:
I'm a new guy here and I've been following the threads about censorship.
I have to say that I prefer this forum, over HDF, because it isn't filled with vulgarity and semi-naked pics.
I'm far from a prude and my humor, and language, are often in poor taste. However, I do feel that this forum has more " class ". So, perhaps, the censorship, I'm reading about is not a bad thing.
BTW, I've noticed censorship on HDF. It just seems to be directed toward anything that doesn't fit the " biker trash " image that HDF projects.
-2$en#e-

Semi naked pictures,, I must have missed that can you post them again?:corn:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
berserker said:
Its people like you who go to extremes, think of the children types, that ruin it for everyone.
Gee, I thought you'd appreciate me thinking of you.
:laugh:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
muleskinner said:
Semi naked pictures,, I must have missed that can you post them again?:corn:
Actually, I was referring to pics of fat wives and girlfriends. I doubt if you'd want to see them while you're eating. :corn:

·
Banned
254 Posts
I can't believe that this is even up for debate...
This is an adult forum, not a preschool.

If you prefer the places you go, and people you talk to, to be monitored so that no one says what they truly think or feel then why would you bother leaving the confines of your home or office?

Might as well just lock the doors, disconnect the phone, trash the TV and, for Gods sake :whatever: , bash in that computer screen!

Aren't you people tired of living an uptight white color life, even in the privacy of your home or the places you choose to hang out?

Loosen the ties...
before you strangle yourselves!

·
<><
3,971 Posts
SportyRedhead said:
I can't believe that this is even up for debate...
This is an adult forum, not a preschool.

If you prefer the places you go, and people you talk to, to be monitored so that no one says what they truly think or feel then why would you bother leaving the confines of your home or office?

Might as well just lock the doors, disconnect the phone, trash the TV and, for Gods sake :whatever: , bash in that computer screen!

Aren't you people tired of living an uptight white color life, even in the privacy of your home or the places you choose to hang out?

Loosen the ties...
before you strangle yourselves!
OK, so, no rules?

·
Pay Up!
207 Posts
Sounds like this thread is on the verge of being banned, deleted, banished, black listed, you name it! :nunu: :huh: The way It's been looking... :nunu:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
jonrober said:
Sounds like this thread is on the verge of being banned, deleted, banished, black listed, you name it! :nunu: :huh: The way It's been looking... :nunu:
This is vanilla in comparison to many threads I've read here in the past...

Sadly I miss the more edgy nature that this forum once had but as the membership grow you often need a tighter rein on what's posted because we become unable to police ourselves...

The old cliche' is true..."there's a jerk in every crowd" so it's safe to say having a forum this large can and is a challenge to moderate...I for one appreciate the efforts put forth by the moderators and feel that for the most part they have been fair...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
You have the option to leave. It is quite strange that a place so wrong would be a place one continues to return to. There are few rules here, most elect to adhere to those. Some have decided to ignore the rules, the Mods, the Owner and anyone else they don't agree with.

Well, call it censorship or any other colorful description you can think of. Harmony will be restored on this board one way or another.

Now I think I'll close this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.