V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 90 Ultra Classic. Nice to have the radio intercom cb ect. But is there a way to adapt a cellphone to use safely. Not sure if the other person your talking to on the phone would even be able to hear ya.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand your concern but as long as your just answering a call I feel it would be little difference than talking on the CB. I found a site http://www.airrider.com/store/product.php?cookiecheck=true&id=492 not sure if its compatible with my bike. I would not be riding and trying to dial a number I think that would be foolish. But I have 4 boys and it would be nice if they were home and had a emergency be able to call and get a hold of me. I think it come down to being responsible and sensible in its use. I am sure I will get flamed for this post just my thoughts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hope there ISN'T adapters out there for cell phones!
I Agree!!

I have 4 kids @ home too and just put the phone on vibrate in my pocket. IF anyone calls, it vibrates and I can safley pull over and call back if needed.
I did see where they have a small microwave/DVD player/coffe pot however that you may want to look into..

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Trapper1 said:
I Agree!!

I have 4 kids @ home too and just put the phone on vibrate in my pocket. IF anyone calls, it vibrates and I can safley pull over and call back if needed.
I did see where they have a small microwave/DVD player/coffe pot however that you may want to look into..
Do you have a link? :sofa:

·
TL
500 Posts
I can see it now.....Ultras going down the interstate at 35 MPH weaving across the lane with head slightly cocked to the right.

We have enough safety issues out there without causing our own.

TL

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I guess some of you just dont get it. It would have to be totally hands free of course. I not talking about having to fumble with anything but maybe a handlebar mounted switch that would answer the call. Everything else would work through the existing intercom cb system. I just got a eMail from airrider and this is what thier system does so they claim.

:beer: :brows:

·
'PACKMAN'
240 Posts
Uhhhhh

1990 Ultra (from your signature)

2005 1200 (from your signature)

and a 1995 Ultra (from your post)

WOW...with four children at home, too??!!

As a single dad, I understand the desire for hands free cell use. If I could set up my '05 Ultra that way, it would be great.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
franksam said:
1990 Ultra (from your signature)

2005 1200 (from your signature)

and a 1995 Ultra (from your post)

WOW...with four children at home, too??!!

As a single dad, I understand the desire for hands free cell use. If I could set up my '05 Ultra that way, it would be great.
oops typo 90 Ultra and 1200c is the only 2. :)

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:huh: ...what are you guys?! A bunch of posers, wannabees?!

Do it like the real bikers do it!!

:roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I understand that I wouldnt want another distraction. Talking on the phone even hands free is distracting. You still have to answer, then concentrate on what is being said and what your saying.
Wondering if you still have a signal.....CAN YOU HERE ME NOW??
Were hands free here and I see em everyday, talking on a headset, distracted.
Besides, I ride to get away from all that crap.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dudes! Cut the guy some slack! If he wants to do it and you know how to help him, give him some advice.

If you don't want to do it, and you don't know how to help him find out, don't rip him for what he wants to do!

I've seen a lot more tolerance around here for what was far more "endangering" than what TxRenegade wants to do. (How do I remove the front brake? Do I really need turn signals?)

I'm not totally convinced that it's something that I would want to do, but I have to admit, there are times when I've had to pull off of the road to answer a call that it would have been nice to simply push a button and say, "I'll get back to you in 5."

-2$en#e-

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
DeaconK said:
Dudes! Cut the guy some slack! If he wants to do it and you know how to help him, give him some advice.

If you don't want to do it, and you don't know how to help him find out, don't rip him for what he wants to do!
@gree: @gree: @gree: @gree: @gree:

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
The reason I ride is, I dont want to talk to anyone:bleh:

But to each his own:flames:

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
DeaconK said:

Amen, brother.

·
'PACKMAN'
240 Posts
alternatives

hogg831 said:
:huh: ...what are you guys?! A bunch of posers, wannabees?!

Do it like the real bikers do it!!

:roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

okay....can't argue with that :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts