V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a Solo for my FLHRS. I was set to order a Corbin Hollywood, but with all the issues of fitment & quality lately, I'm having second thoughts. I noticed these CCSeats on ebay. Good looking, and priced reasonable. Wondering if anyone has tried them, and if so, that is the verdict? TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one on my RK Custom and love it. The quality and craftsmanship is awesome. I got one with flames done in Blue trim to match my bike. Sweet. Very subtle look but really flows with the bike. The price was on time too.
Neil

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Nomad. Curious, are they a new company? Just happened to luck onto them on ebay, first I've heard of 'em. They definitely got the look, how's the comfort factor on longer rides, say 200+?

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I was going to get a CC and ended up getting a Corbin Classic Solo and 50's P-pad. I got it from http://www.krooners.com. Talk to Rachel. I paid $544 w/free shipping and no tax. I've got the light gray boa leather seat w/ carbon fibre sides. The look is awesome and it is the most comfortable seat I've ever owned. It fits perfect!! Go with the Corbin, they're the best!!:thumbsup:

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
I've got a CC solo seat and matching passenger pillion. The seat is very comfortable and the craftsmanship is excellent. I have flames stitched in silver in the seat to match the ghost flames of my bike.

The guys who started CC Seats left Saddleman seats a while back to start up their own company. They are pretty much selling through ebay right now, although they are working on their own website.

They just did their first show out in Laughlin and I got a chance to see them out there.

If you are local to the SoCal area, you can also ride into thier shop to see what they have and get a seat test fitted for perfect fitment...

So far, I have four of my personal friends who have bought CC seats because of mine...

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I had gone over some details with Chuck on getting a seat from them. I was wanting some custom stitching done so my seat wasn't like every other one out there. He told me it would be extra for the stitching - no problem. Right before he gave me a final price, 3 bikes came in for custom seats and needed to be done for a show, or something - no problem. He said he would get right back with me for my seat as soon as he was done with these 3 bikes. That will be 2 months ago as of tomorrow. Wonder if he ever finished those 3 bikes?

·
963 Posts
Tx_Outlaw said:
Wonder if he ever finished those 3 bikes?
Did you ever call him back? He's been pretty responsive to me. I saw him at the Laughlin River Run and they seemed pretty swamped... If you are still wanting to get something from them, give him a call back and stay on top of him. He'll do you right if you keep on him...

E

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
I agree. I first corresponded through eBay with him and later ran in to him at the Long Beach swap meet. He was a super nice, responsive guy. My guess is that you were the unfortunate victim of a lost number, order or other accidental mishap. I know that doesn't help your situation...I'm just looking for logical reasons here.

Whiff

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
We were mostly in contact thru emails. Sent pictures of the stitching I wanted and even talked with him on the phone. I would think he would've remembered, but that's cool.
My opinion in dealing with them would be to buy what they have on ebay, order from their stock online stuff, or go see them in person to get what you want.
Since I can't do any of the above, I'll wait to see what's around the corner.

·
963 Posts
Tx_Outlaw said:
My opinion in dealing with them would be to buy what they have on ebay, order from their stock online stuff, or go see them in person to get what you want.
I dealt with them mostly over the phone and ordered outside of ebay. He gave me a little bit of a discount since he didn't have to pay the ebay fees. Also, since I'm in SoCal, I also saved on shipping since I was able to go pick the seat up in person. That was last year, though when gas wasn't so expensive... Being over an hour away, it would probably be cheaper to have it shipped today...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Tx_Outlaw said:
I had gone over some details with Chuck on getting a seat from them. I was wanting some custom stitching done so my seat wasn't like every other one out there. He told me it would be extra for the stitching - no problem. Right before he gave me a final price, 3 bikes came in for custom seats and needed to be done for a show, or something - no problem. He said he would get right back with me for my seat as soon as he was done with these 3 bikes. That will be 2 months ago as of tomorrow. Wonder if he ever finished those 3 bikes?
What is the best way to contact him?

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
You can call them if you like. 866-775-2100 or 562-531-6185. Since then, I've heard of troubles concealing everything under the seat on the '06 200mm rear tired bikes. Guess I'm lucky I didn't get to order it anyway.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ernster, seat looks great! How's it ride?

I talked to Chuck on the phone, a while back,they were busy getting ready for Laughlin. He was gonna email me some sample pics of the three shades of red for the stitched flames. Musta got lost, think I'll give him a call in the a.m.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My fiancee and I both have C&C solo seats on our scoots. We are VERY happy with the quality, comfort, looks, and price.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
just ordered one

http://www.ccseats.com/

I just ordered a fastback with silver stitching for my Road Glide. I'll report back when I have a chance to ride it a few hundy miles.

Got the seat on and I'm impressed! Fits better then the 2 HD seats and Mustang I've used. Quality appears to be very good but won't know for sure for a couple years. Comfort is pretty good after riding for a few hundred miles - no sore ass. Looks better then most! Price/value is real good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts