V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the Freedom Cycles CB/radio antennas on their Ultra?

where do you hook up an SWR meter?

the price seems a little high...but i haven't seen a similar setup for the CB anywhere...there's a bunch of radio antennas out there, but i've only found fiberglass CB's...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I bought some from 'Freedom' but haven't had the chance to try them out yet for any distance. I too searched for CB shorty annteni and decided to go with 'Freedom'. I ran regular 'rubber duckies' all last season. (Except on trips).

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I put the Freedom Cycle antennaes on my Ultra. They are more friendly then the trolling outriggers that come on it from the MoCo. I have only been able to get the SWR down to 2.5:1. I don't use the transmitter much as none of my riding buddies have CB. Pretty much only plan on using it for emergencies.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a friend of mine said he can borrow an SWR meter...but where do you hook it up?:dunno:

·
Registered
19 Posts
cb

I use a fire stick antenna. this antenna I have is similliar to the street glide one. the meter goes in line from antenna cable to antenna.Then txmit and read swr.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm running the rubber antennas from Freedom Cycles. I haven't been able to tune the CB very well and that affects my intercom also. Not at all impressive. The AM-FM seems to give me about the same reception as the stock. The plastic chrome has peeled off after about 2 months of use, so I covered the exposed metal with black heat shrink and it matches the black rubber. Their ordering site offers several shipping options and then they charged me more for the one I selected. Then the rectum there held the shipment for 5 days before he shipped it. Not a good experience dealing with them. He never returned my call about this, but it wasn't worth another long distance calls for 50 cents.
How I really feel: AM-FM antenna performance is similar to stock. The CB is inferior. The dealership is a screwed up poor place to do business staffed by rude people.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might be right about the chrome finish that peeled off being metal, not plastic. I really didn't spend a lot of time analizing what the cheap finish was on the antenna. It peeled off very easy and reminded me of a chrome colored plastic finish used on a childs toy, not a real chrome finish. I have never had chrome peel off any metal part like this. Either it was plastic or the worst metal chrome job I've ever seen. Their web site says chrome, not chrome plated. Very poor quality in any case. Just like their very poor service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts