V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A true story...

I finally was able to take my girlfriend out on the V-Rod this weekend. After waiting amost three weeks I got the passenger pillion, low sissybar and backrest installed. Not wishing to put her off riding, and still working on my own "two-up" skills, I'd pretty much decided that this was going to be a very low-key cruise.

We were sitting at a stoplight when this guy and his girlfriend pull up next to us in a jacked-up jeep. The guy starts pointing at the V-Rod and then gets to revving his engine, but I wasn't having any of that. The light turns green and he dumps his clutch. The jeep takes off in a cloud of tire dust and exhaust smoke - with me and my girlfriend following at normal speeds behind them. About 50 yards down the road he tries to short shift into second when there is this nasty BANG! and I see bits of metal skeetering down the road and the jeep pulling off to the shoulder. I weave towards the center line to avoid the twisted junk littering the highway, and we pass this guy cussing up a storm and pounding his steering wheel. Out of the corner of my eye I spot the remains of his universal joint laying on the blacktop and the bent stump of a driveshaft peeking out from under the jeep.

My girlfriend wondered what had happened, and after I explained she asked if we were going to go back and help them. Since neither of the jeep folks were hurt, and I didn't have any tools with me, I said no. But in reality I knew the last thing that guy in the jeep needed was another couple of witnesses to his foolishness.

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
A feekin' jeep? You probably c!oulda' beat 'em in the dirt too! Shoulda' pulled up beside em' and said... " oh it must be a jeep thing." Ha, Ha!

·
Registered
906 Posts
DOH!!

What can I say Quicksilver, I like fourwheelin as much as the next guy and some of my best friends have Jeeps. :)

Here in Connecticut we don't have much mud -it's all rock crawling, I'll bet you have some nice trails out there in Oregon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts