V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How would you remove a catalyst from a 06 Screamin Eagle muffler???

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Moved to correct forum. ;) Ya might get more answers here.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
they make good lawn ornaments as well.............windchimes too....thats all their good for

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Ive given thought to this on mufflers I bought from ebay which had catalysts.I was gonna use a dremmel with a cutting wheel to cut the welds on the baffles going slow so as not to heat up and ruin the outside chrome. Then I was gonna get a piece of pipe that fit into the opposite end of the muffler and slide the muffler up and down on the pipe till it drives out the baffle and the cat then put just the baffle back in.with just a few tac welds. theres a guy on here named J10morton who got new baffles to fit from another brand with insulation and stoff he tol me what they were and where to get them but I dont remember now. Hope this was helpfull sorry if it wasnt. By the way I havent done mine because I decided to go with a Vance and Hines pro pipe 2-1. I have a 2005 flhti that didnt come with a catalist muffler .:beer:

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply.I also bought mine from e-bay and thought I was getting a great deal.I sure got fooled at $300.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Mine came from a 103 kit and I got 2 slash cut billet tips with them with only 5 miles on em for $230 delivered. Tips are like $65 each so I did ok I like em but wanna get a little louder and a little more performance. You should try what I said I know it will work.:coffee:

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again!!!! You were a huge help.People like you make this one of the best forums out there.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
todd comer said:
Thanks again!!!! You were a huge help.People like you make this one of the best forums out there.
and people like me at least are there to be annoying :D

I help when I can... though sometimes it's soooo hard not to be a smart-ass.

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
and people like me at least are there to be annoying :D

I help when I can... though sometimes it's soooo hard not to be a smart-ass.
The pic of the trash can was some funny ****! LOL

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
todd comer said:
How would you remove a catalyst from a 06 Screamin Eagle muffler???
Do you want to remove it for more power? If thats the case I don't know if it'll help. You know the Yamaha R6 makes 4 hp per cubic inch with a converter iin place.
As far as sound, who knows? Probably not much difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts