V-Twin Forum banner

Which one do you consider to be the best aftermarket seat manufacuter?

• Corbin

Votes: 43 46.2%
  • Mustang

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • Saddlemen

Votes: 4 4.3%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From the posts I have read it seems there are three aftermarket seat manufacture's that are well liked over stock. I would be interested in seeing what everyone thinks is the best one.

Corbin

Mustang

Saddleman

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Mustang.

While Corbin makes good seats, their customer service is atrocious unless you are able to ride to their store. Even the majority of Corbin owners will admit this.

My Mustang has been on a 97, 99 and 02, and still is as good as new after well over 100K combined.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had Corbin's on my last three bikes. The last two were Dual touring seats. They're heavy out of the box and "rock hard" would be a fitting description. It takes about 1000 miles to get it to feel right. But after that look out! Four hundred miles + on a Sportster Custom a day was very do-able. It was the first accessory I put on my Heritage Springer.

On the other hand, their customer service is nothing less than laughable though. They had a display at Americade this year and when I (tried) to talk to them about the concerns I had about my present seat it felt like I was playing the old shell game with them. What it amounted to was" it's not right.......but it's yours now."

But I keep going back. They do know how to make them for the long haul.

Jim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Com'n folks speak up!!!!!!! My '02 RK classic seat suxs, It's good for the 1st 2-3 hours of ass time, but after that it is about every hour that I gotta break, and it gets worse........as George T. said "BAD to the BONE"

tell it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
looking for a solo seat for my 2002 flht. looking at corbin classic or mustang solo. I am concerned about the height as I am 5`9. Anybody know if these seats would be taller or lower? Thanks Shag

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got to put a BIG thumbs-up to Russell Day-Long saddles. I put one on my bagger and have done several thousand-mile days, including a 1200-mile day returning from Sturgis to Seattle in one day. Never a bit of butt burn at all. Hands down better than Mustang or Corbin seats I've had.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I,ve got a Danny Gray for 2 up riding on my FXDWG, expensive but I find it very comfortable...

Tony:cool:

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
I would think that the leather seat would not be as user friendly. Would the vynal(sp) be a better seat?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just put a Corbin Hollywood Solo on my Fatboy. I was expecting a firm seat, and that's just what I got. I only put about 40 miles on today, so I can't comment on the long ride comfort. So far, it's firm, but comfy. Although when I ordered the seat, I wasn't looking for comfort anyway, I was just looking for a small seat, so i'm not too concerned how comfy it is. My butt seems pretty tolerable to most seats.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I went with a Mustang vintage solo with pasenger pillion on my 2000 FLHPI. Luv it. I can do 600 mile days no problem. It took the pressure off my tailbone, I can't sit in a soft seat for long. Like Goldielocks said - "this one is just right".

1 - 20 of 43 Posts