V-Twin Forum banner

Cassette MP3 player, not an adapter! Very Cool Product!

2K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  TexasRenegade 
#1 · (Edited)
A week or so ago, there was a thread in general talk forum regarding an mp3 player that was essentially an audio cassette. Well, someone found the Digisette, Duo-Aria featured here http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/ar...ryZ73839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The company originally designed and manufactured this product hoping to cash in on the audio book market, unfortunately, that market never really took off like they had hoped but there's an awful lot of pre 03 HD's that could really make use of the player. True I actually only replaced another player with this and there was nothing wrong with my ther player at all but by using this, I don't have to change the plug when I wanna switch from XM to mp3 which I always had to do before, not a function I could do while riding down the road cuz of the way I have em configured....

Now when the new xm comes out with the tivo/mp3 record function I'll be set.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks Adlerx, bought one from him. Don't know if it's exactly what I wanted but for $32.00 I'll take a change. Will just have to see if this does the trick.

Will give it the extreme test.

Thanks again for the heads up.

o~\o

#3 ·
adlerx said:
.......The battery is quite propriatary, I have looked all over the internet for spares(digisette want's $20!) and I could only find em in 1 place but cheap enough anyhow at $5 apiece. .......
Adlerx do you have a link for the place you found for the batteries? If this works out like I think it's going to I'm going to pick up a couple extra batteries. One in the unit and another in the saddle bag charging.

FYI, I contacted the fellow that has 'em on eBay and am trying to work a good deal on a dozen of the units. I've already been told by 3 guys that want a unit. And I'll tell you right now that anybody that is riding a '02 bagger or older should be interested. $$$$$$ :whisper: Don't tell HD or they'll grab 'em, put an HD logo on 'em and sell 'em for $100.00.

Thanks again....

o~\o

#4 ·
Here it is, Think I'll get a few, no extraa S&H for multiples...

When this thing came out in 2001, it retailed for $279!!! It is an awfully impressive looking package, really complete with accessories, we'll see how it holds up...
So, do you have a outlet in your tour pack? I never thought of that, great idea, think I'll add one! Do ultras come with that stock or did you add?

#5 ·
adlerx said:
Here it is, Think I'll get a few, no extraa S&H for multiples...

When this thing came out in 2001, it retailed for $279!!! It is an awfully impressive looking package, really complete with accessories, we'll see how it holds up...
So, do you have a outlet in your tour pack? I never thought of that, great idea, think I'll add one! Do ultras come with that stock or did you add?
Just talked to the people and they indicated these units were discontinued and like you said they were expensive a couple years ago.

I have a lighter outlet fabricated to hook into the pigtail for my heated gear on my Ultra. Can plug this or my phone charger into it. Also use it for my camera battery charger. Works great and even works when the bike is off because it's wired directly to the battery. I just hook it up and let it ride in the saddle bag. Matter of fact I've become the mobil phone charger for all my so called buddies when we're traveling.

o~\o

#8 ·
WoW!!! Got mine today. NICE!! Can't try it out right now because I have the fairing and such off the bagger. But am going to put it back together when I get back from the swapmeet at McCormick Place in Chicago this weekend.

I got a PM from a friend/member on another board that told me he got one about 6 months ago and it was JUST what I was looking for. I talked to a couple other friends and long story short I ordered 4 more for them. They should be here Monday.

If all don't come thru I might have a couple for sale in the classified section next week.

Again adlerx thanks for the heads up and say, send me that battery link again.

o~\o

#10 ·
bigfish3 said:
Looks Like I missed the boat on this one. The e-bay store has been closed! I would have picked up one of these for my 1990 FLHTCU!
Don't panic Fish.....like I posted earlier, I ordered 4 for friends, 2 without telling 'em so I might have a couple that I'm going to post in the classified here. Looks like one for sure.

o~\o

#12 · (Edited)
WoW!! Works great!

Got the bagger out today and loaded the Duo-Aria cassette with about 35 songs, MP3 and WMA formats, and put another 65 on a 128MB SD card. Worked like a charm, I mean like a charm. :banana: Did find out one thing, you have to put you radio on "seek" to get it to work properly jumping between songs. If you don't put it to "seek" it sounds like it rewinding/fast forwarding just like a real cassette tape and never finds the songs. But when you put it to "seek" it jumps to the next song using the radio controls on the right handlebar control.

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the $300.00 HD MP3 handlebar play off my bike or just leave it. I've got more than one post here so guess I could put it in the classified section without getting too much grief from the guys. LoL!!

I'm impressed!!!:Banadance

o~\o

#13 ·
Texan said:
WoW!! Works great!

Got the bagger out today and loaded the Duo-Aria cassette with about 35 songs, MP3 and WMA formats, and put another 65 on a 128MB SD card. Worked like a charm, I mean like a charm. :banana: Did find out one thing, you have to put you radio on "seek" to get it to work properly jumping between songs. If you don't put it to "seek" it sounds like it rewinding/fast forwarding just like a real cassette tape and never finds the songs. But when you put it to "seek" it jumps to the next song using the radio controls on the right handlebar control.

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the $300.00 HD MP3 handlebar play off my bike or just leave it. I've got more than one post here so guess I could put it in the classified section without getting too much grief from the guys. LoL!!

I'm impressed!!!:Banadance

o~\o
Hey, Texan, where did you get the 128MB card? I think I'm gonna need one too. Haven't tried it out yet, still loading up songs. Found out it doesn't take too long to fill up the 64MB.
Jerry

#14 ·
The 128MB card I have came with a camera I bought a couple years ago. I've seen 'em at Best Buy and they had 'em at Circuit City. Was over there this mor'n picking up a 2G for my jump drive at Circuit City for $80.00. Also, have also seen a bunch of 'em on eBay for around $20.00.

Jerry, be sure and put your radio on "seek"....I was very frustrated last night until I figured that out.

o~\o

#17 ·
TexasRenegade said:
I just placed a bid for one on eBay the 96mb model. Its expandable memory. I wonder if you can put a 512mb SD Card in it and still work?
Hey, Renegade, if you don't get one let me know. I picked up 4 more of the Model 264 from a fellow that was sell'n on another board. Will drop one in the mail to ya. Was in Lubbock this weekend if I'd only known.

I've tested these everyway but upside down. They work great!!

As far as a 512MB working, yesterday I picked up a 2GB at Circuit City. Am going to see if it reconigizes it tonight. Oh, by the way, you need to use the DuoManager program that comes with the units to format the SD card...the units I have would not see the card without that format.

o~\o

#18 ·
Jerry L said:
Uh, where is the link again for the batteries? Thanks!
Jerry
Jerry, found a place where you can purchase replacement/extra batteries for $5.00 each. The place is MDS Battery. I ordered 2 xtras this mor'n. Don't know if this was the place adlerx was talking about or not.

o~\o

#20 ·
McClendons said:
i have an AR 496, and an SD card would be a FORCE fit into the slot--it was designed for MMC (similar form factor, but slightly thinner). Have people been able to get the SD cards to fit, and if so was it a force?

Thanks
No, don't think that would be a good idea, forcing it that is. I use MMC cards and they, like you say, are thinner than the standard SD card. Forcing is not a good option.

o~\o

#22 ·
McClendons said:
That is what I was thinking, but saw the refernce to SD cards above. Has anyone verified that a card bigger than 64 Meg will work? I will have to purchase an MMC card, and would like to get a bigger one if feasible.

Thanks
Tell ya what McClendon...I had the same question and so I just bought 4-128MB MMC cards on eBay for $13.00 ea. Won't loose anything because the HD MP3 player also use 'em. Did the "buy it now" option and they just emailed me back that they will ship out today. So, give me a couple 3-4 days and I'll answer your question.

eBay item.

o~\o

#23 ·
Texan said:
Jerry, found a place where you can purchase replacement/extra batteries for $5.00 each. The place is MDS Battery. I ordered 2 xtras this mor'n. Don't know if this was the place adlerx was talking about or not.

o~\o
Yes, that is the same site that adlerx PM'd me for the batteries. Thanks. And let us know how those 128MB mmc's work. That looks like a good deal too. Thanks for all the good info. I'm trying to get my player to work, it wont play. From the website, it looks like I have to disable the "personal rights" BEFORE I load my cd's, but I just got the new Media Player and can't find where to uncheck the box. I emailed them, waiting for answer.
Jerry

#25 · (Edited)
McClendons said:
Thanks, will appreciate the info. I bought the AR-496 without really looking, and wondered when I saw the 196 Meg "limit" on the box. Not allot of songs. Have plenty of SD cards, but they will not quite fit.
Mc, don't know about the player you have but the 264 player supports WMA format. You can get a bunch of songs on there with WMA.

Jerry L said:
.....I'm trying to get my player to work, it wont play.
Jerry, I was becoming very frustrated when I also couldn't get mine to play and then I noticed I didn't have the battery (yes, I'm admitting this in public) in correctly. The positive goes up....I kept trying to put the positive end down. Go ahead guys, get out the flame throwers.....toast me!!!!

o~\o

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.