V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to drop a line and see what trailers are popular. I was looking to buy one in the near future and was wanting information on good ones. I really like the Bushtec but I think the price is going to rain on my parade. I dont get to many events these days so I don't see very many.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
WIR BRAUCHEN KEINEN STINKING ANHÄNGER NICHT.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I don't speak German, but I bet ya it's something to do with "Bikes don't belong on Trailers, what's this damn thread doing here?" :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
JFScheck said:
I don't speak German, but I bet ya it's something to do with "Bikes don't belong on Trailers, what's this damn thread doing here?" :D
Sorry inside joke for Manny and Hippo. LOL!

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are a lot of Trailer Manufactures out there. Try http://www.trailmasterinc.com/ there one of many. Also just do a search on your computer and you will be amazed at all of them that are out there. Sometimes when doing a long trip and you have the lady on behind you a trailer is a must with all the stuff they like to pack. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just wondering which ones are really popular right now. Also I was wondering which ones are the best buy. The sticker shock has always scared me though. Then I started wanting a tour pak for my Road King Classic, but after I realized I was fixing to tie up about 850 to 900 dollars I started looking at trailers again. What few times I do get time in the year to take a long trip a trailer would be better for me. I do have to pack the wife along.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FLHT, what motor do you have and what hitch did you put on your bike. I have a Roadking and have the Hitch-Doc trailer hitch on mine. We have an older but looks new Coleman Caboose cargo trailer. Very light weight but holds everything except the kitchen sink. We have talked about a tent trailer, looked at the Kwik Kamps. They are pretty nice but empty weight is about 290 IBS. How does the bike handle pulling the big tent trailer? :cool:

·
Registered
458 Posts
The 97 FLHT was a 80in, Edelbrock heads, EV13 cam, Kirker exh. Thunder slide, a turbulator 2, accel super coil and 8.8 wires , and screamin eagle plugs. It pulled it real nice about about 65 to 70 .
It pulled down on a few hills west of Wall but it did realy good. only had to drop down to 4th to keep it around 60. You know its back there but its no worse than pulling a trailer with anything else.
I put brakes on the trailer too, didnt think much of around 400lbs pushing me around.
This trip should be realy easy , now I've got a 95" Ultra its got all kinds of power.
Bout forgot, I've got a Hitch Doc hitch too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts