V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking for a "Wheeler Schebeler Model G-1" carburetor for my 1928 harley "peashooter pup" a tall order, but if anyone knows if one exists, or where i can look to find one, i'd love the help.
many mahalos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We've got a dealer in town that bought an old department store,three or four stories high,and has filled it up with loads of old parts(mostly Harley of all models and years),as well as new parts.If you post or email me with the exact
model of Harley(I'm old,but not THAT old, so I'm not familiar with the 1928's),I'll check to see what I can find.You might want to include a part# if you have it,I'm not sure it will help, but it can't hurt. Also, try to give me some sort of description(made of brass ? throat dia.? anything) so I know what I'm looking for.
The catch is that he has a lot of stuff still packed in boxes and he doesn't trip over himself looking for anything, so you'll have to be patient.I'm waiting for him to check on a Linkert DC1 carb for an old Sporty that I'm restoring.He thinks he has it but he has to gather the parts together.
mahalo,
Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great news Dave, ill gather all the imformation i can and forward it to you, many thanks brother.
aloha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Dave,
I'm looking for some sort of carb for a '73 XLCH myself.
Don't really care (Linkert, Bendix, Keihen), just functional &
INEXPENSIVE! :D :eek: :rolleyes:
Good luck, NZHD..... Lookin' forward to pics!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bear, Would love to post some pic's, I'v asked a few people " how to post a pic"? but to no avail, I'm sure I can figure it out, and when I have time, I'll try, but we have so much fun riding the old bike's, we ride then every weekend, a 1916 BSA, a 1916 Triumph, a 1926 Indian and a 1928 harley davidson, and I tell you, we stop traffic, it's great fun, we always end up in a bar, and the owners always say, "bring the bikes inside, we are losing to much business" so weekends are fun.
Aloha.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's way, too cool, Waren!
Always wanted to make it to Hawaii.
Now you've given me double incentive!
Take care, ride safe, & post soon!
bear aka Don B

·
Registered
102 Posts
BTW, i picked up a stock (?) Keihen off of a '80ish shovel.
$50.00
Figured it wasn't too bad a deal.
Should be able to make it work.
bear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts