V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the stock fuel injection system on a 2001 Road King with a Mikuni Carburetor. Now the automatic turn signal cancelling feature no longer operates. I have to manually cancel the lights after a turn. My local shop says there is nothing that can be done. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
688 Posts
i replaced mine witha badlands 80 buk jobby was plug and play an worked 1st time....was so much better than all the mental anguish tshooting blinkers not working with the stock unit...and all was intact...but u might look into it...maybe a brainfart wireing error

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tracking down such problems can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience.

Suggestions: 1 - find another shop and prepare to pay for their pain; 2 - DIY; or 3 - leave as-is and get used to it.

If DIY, retrace what you did when you switched to carb. Check connections, grounds, nicked wiring, improper wiring...

#3 - was easy to get used to and becomes second nature.

Not to be a dik, but given you're new here and this is your first post - suggest you be sure to get back to the forums where you've asked for help and respond in a timely manner to the people trying to give it. A number of folks here have converted old FI to carb and can probably point you in the right direction. Interested in the resolution. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
Tracking down such problems can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience.

Suggestions: 1 - find another shop and prepare to pay for their pain; 2 - DIY; or 3 - leave as-is and get used to it.

If DIY, retrace what you did when you switched to carb. Check connections, grounds, nicked wiring, improper wiring...

#3 - was easy to get used to and becomes second nature.

Not to be a dik, but given you're new here and this is your first post - suggest you be sure to get back to the forums where you've asked for help and respond in a timely manner to the people trying to give it. A number of folks here have converted old FI to carb and can probably point you in the right direction. Interested in the resolution. Good luck.
You either stay up late or get up early. I don't depend on the signal to cancel by itself and check it anyway. #3 is the easiest choice.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
You're on to me. Truth is I can't decide which so do both. Yep - Buell and GW don't self-cancel. Gets to be a non-issue. Especially if ya just stop using them. Weave in and out. Phk-em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts