V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on this forum for some time. I have a '99 Road King with a 95" in build up. FI, SE heads and Flat top pistons, SE cams, reworked throttle body, true duals. Runs GREAT. I am looking at a 2002 Electra Glide to strip down and build up the motor. The bike I am looking at is carb'ed and I have not had anything to do with carbs since my old fatboy. Any advice on which way to go. I have had good results with both. Thanks

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
MJA99 said:
I haven't been on this forum for some time. I have a '99 Road King with a 95" in build up. FI, SE heads and Flat top pistons, SE cams, reworked throttle body, true duals. Runs GREAT. I am looking at a 2002 Electra Glide to strip down and build up the motor. The bike I am looking at is carb'ed and I have not had anything to do with carbs since my old fatboy. Any advice on which way to go. I have had good results with both. Thanks
What kind of advice you looking for? You have a nice bike that runs "great", so my advice is keep what you got.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
You gonna ride both bikes? If so, the carb'd motor is just fine. You have a million options with a carb, CV, S&S, Mikuni... the list goes on. You wanna replace your 99 FI? Don't if it runs great like you say. You looking for opinions on which system is better? Better ask what tastes better, chocolate or vanilla. You'll get the same amount of diverse answers!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts