V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a 45mm Mukini on my 126". Having problems with the accelerator pump sticking and hard starts because of that. I also think this carb is too small for this bike as the top end is suffering..

Recently put a D&D Boarzilla exhaust on and got a 11HP/5TQ gain over the thunder header that was originally on it.

Numbers are sitting at 122HP/137TQ.

I have no idea what cam, compression or basically any internals are on this engine. Got it used and just trying to tune it up a bit.

Open to any insight, Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Carb

I have a Mikuni 48 on my 120R. Ran it on the Jims 131 previous. Really happy with the throttle response, mpg and power. (130hp 132trq on the 120R, V&H HO pro pipe).

·
Registered
569 Posts
I would look into the TAZ carb from XXXcarburetors. Bob Malz is in Texas, and he has a unique approach to overboring a super G, and adding three thunderjets to it. I run one of his modded carbs on my bike with bassani pro-street duals and I am very satisfied with the power and performance.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
45 Mik might be small for your build as most here seems to go with the 48, or something similar. I run a bored S&S G w/one Tjet but I'm told the newer Gs with the adjustable air bleeds don't need the Tjet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My tech wants to use a S&S G with a thunderjet on it from Zipper.. Any reviews on that setup?

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
If thats a g2 126, your way light on power. Look into a modded g or even a HSR48. Both will kick up the HP,but still might limit it on the top end. That 126 loves to breathe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not a G2. Its a custom build from years ago. No clue on the internals.

Where is a modded G purchased from?

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
Had the G modified for our S&S 124 by Davinci, bored, flowed,firepower booster,one Thunderjet,all I can say is Wow! an incredible difference.Never would have imagined it could make so much difference.Impressed so much now have two other vehicles with his magic done to carbs.At least .02 worth.Good Luck

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the G modified for our S&S 124 by Davinci, bored, flowed,firepower booster,one Thunderjet,all I can say is Wow! an incredible difference.Never would have imagined it could make so much difference.Impressed so much now have two other vehicles with his magic done to carbs.At least .02 worth.Good Luck
So this Davinci modded S&S G has a Thunder Jet added to it? Because my tech wanted a 3rd high rpm circuit added for more tuning capabilities.

I've read over his website, this company looks impressive.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Think the donut in the DaVinci just might limit airflow, especially in a large engine. Don't know of any back-to-back tests, JMHO. For reworking your "G" I highly recommend John Sachs, Sachs Race Bikes - 954-473-2980.

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
A bored out G will still be to small if you are wanting maxium performance. I would do the
G extreme or have a D reworked with a custom acc pump made for it.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
A bored out G will still be to small if you are wanting maxium performance. I would do the
G extreme or have a D reworked with a custom acc pump made for it.
No doubt if this is a big power 126-or if it is built to want more.
What are the specs of the build? I understand it is not a G2 126, so what heads, cam, compression etc?
If the heads and motor set up can't take the additional air and fuel, no point in going real big...It all works as one unit-from the rockers, to heads, on down to out the pipe-

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you guys think of a 48mm Mukini? Is it possible to add a thunder jet to this carb?

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts
What do you guys think of a 48mm Mukini? Is it possible to add a thunder jet to this carb?
I'm going to try a mikuni48 on my 126 when it comes in. I already have one on a 117" motor I'm running now so in the interest of saving money ( for a RB lsr pipe) I'm going to run it. I understand that running a carb thats to big is worse than running a carb thats to small. I wonder what "to big" would be for a G2 126??? Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I think this would be too big. Anything else is probably okay. On a serious note - IIRC, Paul Morris is running two Gs on his so I think "too big" isn't going to be a problem with the 48.

Attachments

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
So this Davinci modded S&S G has a Thunder Jet added to it? Because my tech wanted a 3rd high rpm circuit added for more tuning capabilities.

I've read over his website, this company looks impressive.
Dan did the carb, I added the Thunderjet.Up until the Thunderjet starts to flow the carb is incredible.The change in performance is amazing from off idle all the way to wot.

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts