V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comming up on 500 miles on my 02 road king. I have a carb bike. I plan to put on a 42 flatside Mikuni. What do you recommend for and exhaust, I'm leaning towards V&H slipons, because I'm familiar with this setup. I also have a Yam Road Star with this setup. I'm also thinking about a Dyna 2000. What do ya think. I'm going with the whole Mikuni kit, manifold, breather etc. Should I wait till 1000 miles or do it now? I'm switching to Mobil 1 as soon as possible. Ive been riding 30 years like to do my own work on my bikes how big a jop putting on the manifold and carb. Thanks any help would be great. This is my first Harley mostly owned Guzzi's.
Greg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spent 1/2 day putting 42 mikuni on my 99 FXDX, but had to change throttle cables (pain in the a--). Newer carb uses original cables so when I went to 45mm Mikuni I had to change back to originals but got job done in about 3 hours.As far as exhaust goes I'd go with SE slip ons, the ones with removable baffles. My 95" TC put out 105hp using this exhaust with baffles heavily modified, but still used. Sounded good too. Tried Dyna 2000, but went back to SE ign cause it ran crisper. Still have Dyna2k if youre interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts