V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the posts that holds my float in place broke off of my carb(which we won't go in to), and I am in need of a new carb.

The carb is comming off my 99 superglide, and I have a friend with a 96 Custom Softail, who just happens to have upgraded and still has his old carb, which he is willing to part with. We live approx. 5 hours apart, so I can't see if they are the same, or if his is even compatable with my bike. If anyone has a cross reference, and could verify it for me before I have him ship it, I would be greatly appreciate it! (both are stock Harley carbs from the factory)

My carb: (I have the twin cam 88)
27413-99
D07AFM

His carb:(His motor is a Evo 80")
27492-96
94TAJKQ

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
96's I thought where CV-40's. They are basicly the same less jetting and maybe something to do with low speed circit. Get his carb put your jets in it tune & go!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I'd get his carb, remove his float bowl and put it on yours. There are no jets, etc, involved in the float bowl.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The piece that broke off is actually part of the carb itself, not the float bowl. Unfortunately, I need the whole carb body. I wish it were that simple. - thanks for your reply, however. Any help/suggestions are very appreciated.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Yeah, you're right, Stoplight. Don't know what I was thinking with the float mount in the float bowl. Must be another senior moment.

Kags is right though. No reason you couldn't use a CV carb from an evo on your TC88. Change the jets( both of them), needle and it should work OK.

I've got 2 spares I picked up for $75. Ask around at the dealer and you probably could also find somebody that has a take off for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts