V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2000 DWG with the 1550 big bore kit and 211 cams. I want to change the CV40 stock carb which does have the dyna jet kit in it. I want to know if I should go with the big bore 44mm or the holley 2 barrel kit? Any suggestions? Thanks Ron

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
ronsr1968 said:
Hi all,

I have a 2000 DWG with the 1550 big bore kit and 211 cams. I want to change the CV40 stock carb which does have the dyna jet kit in it. I want to know if I should go with the big bore 44mm or the holley 2 barrel kit? Any suggestions? Thanks Ron
Changing for the sake of changing something? If you want to get into solving carb tuning issues on a very sophisticated level, get yourself one of these double barrel kits. Sold cheap on ebay.
With the mild build you have, you probably will benefit a little bit from a 42mm Mikuni if you have a good tuner. Throttle response should be better than the dino rejetted CV40.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
A Holley on a Small/Big Block Chevy is one thing. They just never perfected the "Double Barrell" set-up for the Big Twin. Was hot on the idea of putting one on my rodded 'DX but backpedalled once I researched torque/HP and tuning issues associated with this carb. A properly modified and tuned CV will work as well if not better than a Mik which will outperform the Holley. The Holley sure does look trick, I'll give it that much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts