V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
95 FXST said:
But, but, but, a guy I work with has a 2007. His parents came out to visit him, he said he was getting about 32 mpg. Pretty damn good with all that extra weight. Anytime you can better EPA claims is good. Have you looked at the 08's? Totally restyled. I like them both.

I like the 08's but unlike some....I do like the fugly nose on the 07. Unique!

I actually just got back from recording OD and topping off. You have piqued my curiosity. I hope my arithmetic isn't that bad! I also believe they base the mileage on automatics. I drive a manual. Maybe my calculations are all off on my bike too? From what I calculate my wifes car gets better mileage then my bike! It's soooo hard having all that two wheeled horsepower at your disposal!:wootdnc:

I'll post the results after two tanks woth of verification...The car not the bike!

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
rickr01 said:
I like the 08's but unlike some....I do like the fugly nose on the 07. Unique!

I actually just got back from recording OD and topping off. You have piqued my curiosity. I hope my arithmetic isn't that bad! I also believe they base the mileage on automatics. I drive a manual. Maybe my calculations are all off on my bike too? From what I calculate my wifes car gets better mileage then my bike! It's soooo hard having all that two wheeled horsepower at your disposal!:wootdnc:

I'll post the results after two tanks woth of verification...The car not the bike!

Now I don't feel so bad, I can add...:hystria:....car is averaging 32 -34 mpg and is pretty consistant. My wifes car has dropped from 40 to about 38 which I will attribute to her lead foot trying to get up our snow covered and steep driveway...I sometimes hear her get ticked when she makes it only half way up with a load of groceries and that poor car suffers the wrath of Khan...and we all hide :unsure: :

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
07 5.9 Dodge Cummins 14-16 mixed and 19-20 strictly Hwy ... unless I'm pulling heavy then it goes down to 10 highway 50,60,70 mph it dont matter its stays at 10mpg

In the winter it goes down takes forever for it to warm up... 1200lbs of steel + cast iron , 3 gallons oil and 7 gallons coolant take a long time to warm up ,even with the block heater and high idle engaged. My truck is still covered in ice and my wife is already gone in her Charger.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
rickr01 said:
Now I don't feel so bad, I can add...:hystria:....car is averaging 32 -34 mpg and is pretty consistant. My wifes car has dropped from 40 to about 38 which I will attribute to her lead foot trying to get up our snow covered and steep driveway...I sometimes hear her get ticked when she makes it only half way up with a load of groceries and that poor car suffers the wrath of Khan...and we all hide :unsure: :
I believe you now. I haven't burned a whole tank of just hwy driving yet, but when I fill up and get on the hwy, for the first couple days my computer shows 32-34 until I mix in city driving (30 miles hwy driving each day). Mixed driving it usually sits at 28-29. Are you all hwy? I forget and am too lazy to reread, but is yours a 2.0? Mine is a 2.5. Almost have 1,000 miles on it. Getting better all the time :beer:

My bowling score should be getting better too. (lesbian reference)

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
2006 Silverado 4x4, V8, long bed. It gets a little over 15 combined.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
'06 Toyota Tundra Quad Cab - 15mpg

'06 Land Rover LR3 V8 - 15.5mpg (Premium Fuel)

I don't think we'll be getting any GREEN awards at our house.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
1995 Saab 9000se, 6 cyl. 22 mpg mixed, 30 mpg hwy. cars BEFORE 1997 get BETTER mileage because of the IMPROVED antipollution devices. New Saab's window sticker says 17 mpg. your government in action.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
2004 Ford Explorer V8 14.5 mpg in town 18-19 on Hwy. 10 MPG pulling 26' travel trailer going 60mph.

2005 Toyota Prius Hybrid 47mpg in town or hwy stays about the same all the time, but did drop to 38mpg when tire shop only put 32psi instead of 42psi in tires. Made a big differance in thoughs little tires.

But now in Germany {salute(
1991 BMW 520i 10 KPL or 23 MPG if I keep it under 100mph :brows:

Dont worry guys gas is $3.45 here on base but off base on the German economy its $8.43 a gallon with the great exchange rate we have right now :thumbsdn: Cost me $35 to fill up the bike one night. when I was too far away from the Base.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
95 FXST said:
I believe you now. I haven't burned a whole tank of just hwy driving yet, but when I fill up and get on the hwy, for the first couple days my computer shows 32-34 until I mix in city driving (30 miles hwy driving each day). Mixed driving it usually sits at 28-29. Are you all hwy? I forget and am too lazy to reread, but is yours a 2.0? Mine is a 2.5. Almost have 1,000 miles on it. Getting better all the time :beer:

My bowling score should be getting better too. (lesbian reference)

Yeah, I do all highway except for the first 6 miles every day. I have the 2.5 Boxer engine in an 07. It has 12k on the od now. I get up to a 3 mile per gallon better average with Shell gasoline then I was getting with Mobil as well...Weird!

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Captain Bligh said:
Okay, I'm drivin' a stinkin' Chevy Venture minivan like some sort of soccer mom.

The only consolation is that is gives me about 26.5 highway.
Don't forget, you have a fancy scoot too!:beer:

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Captain Bligh said:
Yeah, and it's great but it's probably only overcompensation for being seen in a minivan. At least on weekends I can dress up like a pirate and pretend to be a real man. :unsure:

:roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
06 Nissan Frontier

4x4 Crew Cab, 4.0L V-6 makes 265hp

15mpg all day, all night.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts