V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am from Atlanta and go to high school in Alpharetta. I have grown up around Italian cars. I drive two Alfa Romeos (83 Gtv6 and 91 Spider) and have one parts car. I have always been into cars more than motorcycles because of my mom. She says no motorcyle, but fast cars and go karts are ok. Go figure... I would like to find some people that are around my area that are into both cycles and cars. I am part of many other forums, so if you see me around say hello...

~Ferrarikid308

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Tell your mom that motorcycles are only as dangerous as the person whom operates it. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome. She has a bad history with them and feels that I shouldn't ride them. My dad feels the same, so no help there. Never know they might change, if I can buy it myself and do a school of some sort.

·
Registered
294 Posts
:welcome:

It may be wise for you to take a safety couse at the local community college or even the your states Motor Vehicle administration. Ma n Pa may see that you are serious.

Again welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to find a class, but i dont even know where to start. I think they take it serious, but just aren't fans of the idea. I have only riden a cycle once with a family friend and I loved it.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Go to your states DMV website and it should have info there about obtaining a license and you can also search for motorcycle courses in your state. Every state has them and in most cases passing the written and the riding part of a beginner course is sufficient to add the M class to your drivers license. Then it would only be convincing them you should be able to get a bike or if you are 18 and make your own money then go buy one. Just pay cash for it whatever you buy. It is more than toys that we should own we all have to be financially responsible also and learning not to spend more than you make is better learned young then then you are old and in debt over your head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fatb0y,
Thanks for the information i will look into the DMV for information. I pay eveything in cash,if i don't have the money in cash than it doesn't come home with me. I use a card for gas which is paid for by the rents thankfully. I have seen many people lose everything because of Debt and really don't want to do down that road.

Thanks again,
Ferrarikid308

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
Fatb0y said:
Go to your states DMV website and it should have info there about obtaining a license and you can also search for motorcycle courses in your state. Every state has them and in most cases passing the written and the riding part of a beginner course is sufficient to add the M class to your drivers license. Then it would only be convincing them you should be able to get a bike or if you are 18 and make your own money then go buy one. Just pay cash for it whatever you buy. It is more than toys that we should own we all have to be financially responsible also and learning not to spend more than you make is better learned young then then you are old and in debt over your head.

@gree: Good sound advise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ferrarikid308 said:
I want to find a class, but i dont even know where to start. I think they take it serious, but just aren't fans of the idea. I have only riden a cycle once with a family friend and I loved it.
The Georgia DMV offers the MSF class for under $100 at the Honda Education Center, which is off of Haynes Bridge Road in Alpharetta. They give you a motorcycle to use, but you have to get a helmet, gloves, and boots. If you pass, you can get your license without retaking the road test.

The waiting list is often long, but I hear if you show up with cash at class time on Saturday morning, you can get in if someone doesn't show up.

A couple of the Harley dealers offer their class, but it's around $300. You get more class time and ride on Buell blasts, but it's about the same class

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Nothing against the Harley course, but I would not pay 300 for it. It is worth taking but not that much. Go to a licensed MSF course and forget the HD one. Save the money for the new or used scoot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts