V-Twin Forum banner

Can't Renew Membership

5K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  ramnj 
#1 ·
I got my renewal form in the mail but I figured I'd just do it on-line like I had for the last 9 years of membership.

WRONG!!!

The site tells me there is no longer a valid account with that
e-mail.

So, I guess HOG shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Now I'm not even gonna bother to try.

Sorry HOG, but you just lost a good customer.

Sorta like the MoFoCo did.

No wonder Harley and HOG is losing customer's and members.

#2 ·
Same happened for me -- I re-registered and went through all the hoops, re-registered, and renewed anyway, but it sure is frustrating.

#4 · (Edited)
HOG, like any other company goes through growing pains and computer issues, outages, etc. If you have an issue, you should address it like you would your bank, a store you bought something from, etc. Pick up the phone and call. Hell, it's even a free 800 number.

My second recommendation is buy a life membership and not have to worry about renewals ever again. Just saying!

#10 ·
Sorry HOG, but you just lost a good customer.

You are not such a good customer. If you are stubborn like that it will bring you nowhere.
I must admit that contact with H.O.G. isn't easy.But I'm sure you only experience half the difficulties on your domestic market than we have here in Europe. Now someone will reply: " don't let the door slam on you " pppfff...
Here in Europe the HOG-people don't know the difference between miles and our local kilometers.
It takes them 9 months to figure out the ABC of Touring results...
Why do they change their personnel all the time?
Do you believe I am a " happy LIFE-member " ?:whistle:

#12 ·
Hmmm interesting statement about the promotion. I say that HD drives and other big brands are moving billboards for the brand and to best of my knowledge a HD ride would be recognised even if you coverd the "branding" in duct tape. I admint that one pay for HOG membership, but in my vieuw the benefits by far cover the CON's. Just a humble opinion from a newbie in V-Twin

#16 ·
Well, for me I enjoy some of the rally's & rides, national & local. At the local level (to join you must have a national membership with HOG) it's good to give back to the community with service projects and help as well as the fun lunch & dinner rides and events. Also, we get 10% off purchases at the sponsoring dealership as well. Like any club, less a thug club, you get out of it about what you put into it. I don't dispute others having trouble with the renewal online. I've never had any trouble and if I did would just call or email and prob. solved. If you did that, and some organization or store was rude or other to you, then I cut the tether and say "by-by." Everything & anything goes wrong sometime or another. I always give someone the benefit to correct be for I just cut them loose.

Aster

#17 ·
I bought my bike in 2009 and I got the first year HOG membership free. Of course I enjoyed the ride with other members. So I did renew it because of that but while on a long trip in the USA last summer I had a tire go flat on a rural road. I was really by myself in a place I did not even know the name... luckily I realize that I had a toll free number for road support. I called and 30 minutes later a platform truck picked my bike and brought us to the nearest H-D dealer who installed a new tire. Withhin 3 hours I was back on the road. Was I glad? Yes... and only for this piece of mind I will be a member for life. H-D is paying for the first $100 towing charge.

Ray
Quebec
FLSTC

This post has been deleted
#22 ·
Just call them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.