V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't do the slaw? Well this is for you then!

Candied Bacon.

1 or 2 packages Thick cut bacon peppered if available, the less fat the better.
Fresh ground black pepper, lots of it.
Dark brown sugar

Get throw away cooking sheets. Place cookie cooling racks on them. Lay out the bacon perpendicular to the cooling rack wire grates as shown (pic 1). Crack lots of pepper on the bacon. The more the better, usually I stop when I can not physically crank on the pepper mill any more (pic 2). Next, heavily coat the bacon with dark brown sugar (pic 3). Cook at 325-350 for 30-45 minutes until bacon is done but not burnt, all brown sugar is melted. Take out of oven and let cool. Can be served slightly warm or cold from the refrigerator. Makes a GREAT orderve.

More pictures when done and out of the oven.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That might just be good!!
It's awsome. I made 4 trays of it and one cooked a little more than the others however it is still delicious. The tray on the left in the pic is the well done one.

Don't discount the slaw though, be a man and try it!!! :redrolf: :redrolf:

·
Registered
134 Posts
WTF. So we are exchanging recipes now. Hats an orderv. Hors d'eurvre. It's a French term. Be a man and try the slaw. Sure bud. How about "be a man and save the cooking recipes to the old lady".

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WTF. So we are exchanging recipes now. Hats an orderv. Hors d'eurvre. It's a French term. Be a man and try the slaw. Sure bud. How about "be a man and save the cooking recipes to the old lady".
I see you post in many of the varied forums here? Well one of them is called "Food and Drink". If you don't want to participate in this forum then fine, keep your comments to yourself and stay out of it. Otherwise we have a diversified list of forums to choose from and many choose to participate in this one.

And incase you haven't read the rules here is a link for you to read ... http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/faq.php

Specifically "Everybody is entitled to voice their opinion via this forum. In order to exercise that privilege, your posts must be done in a respectful, tasteful manner."

·
Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts
Looks GREAT!!! Thanks for the recipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts