V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
link
Canada's top court will not hear the case of two Americans who sought refugee status here after deserting the U.S. army in 2004 to avoid being deployed to Iraq.

In a decision released Thursday, the Supreme Court of Canada rejected a bid by Jeremy Hinzman and Brandon Hughey to stay in Canada as refugees.

The court's ruling backs previous ones by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Immigration and Refugee Board.

Jeffry House, the lawyer for the two men, has estimated in previous interviews with CanWest News Service that about 200 Americans have fled to Canada to avoid serving in Iraq and that his clients face one- to five-years' imprisonment if they return to the U.S.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I new a guy who avoided the draft in '65 by running to Canada. After the amnesty, he showed up at my front door. I slammed it in his face.:spank:

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
morally retarded

the one guy says he didn't want to go because It's not sanctioned by the U. N.:roflback:

This idiot though will cherry pick his U N wars:hystria:

What a ma roon.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
DJW said:
Difference between 1969 and 2007? These guys volunteered.
Exactly. When someone takes away your freedom and puts you into involentary servitute (Draft), they have a bitch. many don't see it, but I do. If you sign on for serverce in the military, you can damn sure stick it out. There is a big difference there. I agree that it stinks the way some of these guys are sent back over and over, but they signed on for it.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Freedom ain't free!
Ya don't like it here, don't want to work to keep us free, then stay the hell away! I hope Canada throws the chicken sh1t little turds back across the border, into the warm loving arms of our military. Maybe they'll like the ''free'' room and board.

Sorry folks, that subject gets me a bit riled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts