V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Posted about this few months ago. Call your stealer - it is most certainly refundable.

·
Registered
659 Posts
yes it is, but it is also front end loaded - the dealer will give you the details. You can also transfer it to another bike, or sell it with the bike it is registered to.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Dealers around the US and elsewhere all use various types of extended warranties. Best thing you can do is get out your paperwork and read it all. It will tell you where you stand in the fine print somewhere. All the advice in the world means nothing without having the contract to read.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I cancelled mine. Took 4 months to get it done and they kept almost $200.00 of the original cost. That was 9 months after I bought it!!! It was still under the factory warranty. ALL extended warranty deals are rip offs. Example: My father bought one for a new GM product, they have 3 levels, Bronze(?), Silver, Gold. . He had problems with it die-ing intemittantly, naturally everything they changed was not covered by the factory or extended "Silver" warranty. Take my advice, keep your money.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
daposaspo said:
MY question is why would you buy an extended warranty anyway??:eek:
Umm...The VROD has a 1 year warranty from factory. Would you buy a car with a 1 year warranty? VROD is only in its second year. I`d rather have the warranty extended another year or 2.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I purchased an extended warranty and cancelled mine after 4 month they kept about $80, but since I do my own work anyway I figured road side assistance would be cheaper and more or what I am looking for anyway. I also switched to Mobil 1 synthetic oil and it looked like H-D would give me a fit about using it and could use it to void any claims I made, figured I'll save my money. I am betting that the V-Rod is as well build as it can be based upon all the testing it went through in the 7 years of development.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.