V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Sundowner on my 2000FXD a couple years ago, nice comfortable seat.
When I was in Branson this Summer it was hotter than Hades, and I did not think about leaving the seat unprotected in the hot sun. Well, it puffed my seat out like a Jiffy Pop popcorn. I kept it covered after that but ever since the seat puckers and can clearly be seen in the attached picture. Is there anything that I can do to repair this and get the cover to conform to the contour of the seat again?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't get your picture to come up but mine did the same thing and I fixed it myself very easily. Take a few staples out....restretch and restaple.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
That was a common problem witht the Sundowner line a few years ago. Some seats "popped up" before they even left the dealer inventory. I bought a couple of them at a steep discount from my dealer. I noticed that the newer Sundowners have a stitched line in the middle of the place where the older ones popped. It must be some kind of tuck to hold the skin down.

In your case, I'd pull out some of the stapes, spray the back of the cover with spray adhesive and then re-staple the cover into place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts