V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone making a gear and belt to shorten up the gear ratio? First gear is so tall, it seems it would be nice to shorten that up. loose a little top-end but would make the bike a lot more fun to ride. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know what you mean. It's about the only "gripe" about the Rod that I have, first and second gear are too tall. Great for the grag strip, not practical for everyday driving. Short of a close ratio six speed trans, changing the final drive ratio could be a solution.

·
Registered
477 Posts
GEARING

I agree with you guys, first is just a little to tall. HD was supposed to use a 28 tooth tranny pulley in the USA and 30 tooth for European models but decided to just install 30 for all, hence the slightly too tall gearing. Unfortunately from what I've read, the 28 tooth has yet to be manufactured. I'd gladly give up 5-10 mph top end for the holeshot advantage, maybe HD will notice and come out with a 28 tooth pulley. Maybe we should flood HD with emails demanding, requesting a 28 tooth front pulley. From what I've been hearing, any parts for the VROD from the MoCo are hard to come by. I'm waiting on backordered 16 guage exhaust right now, tell me maybe Nov. 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts