V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before but not sure if anything has been finalized. Can the auto comp realizes used on the CVO 110 be adapted to stock 07 heads? Im thinking about doing something w/ my heads and would love the idea of hidden comp releases.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
You would be better off with manual comp releases.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
I have been studying this very thing myself, I am not sure the shape of the stock combustion chamber compared to the SE heads will allow placement for the releases but when I get a chance I will check into it further, the wiring harness is sold by the moco and looks to be an easy install, just not sure about the realeases yet.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Not sure if you knew, the CVO's releases are controlled by the computer and SERT. Not sure if it matters or not.......From what i understand they are mounted in the squench area and exit out the exhaust ports....Could they be rewired and mounted in another spot in a stock 88/96 casting??

Also as far as i have heard, SS dont fit in stock heads eithers.. Not enough meat.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TXCHOP said:
Not sure if you knew, the CVO's releases are controlled by the computer and SERT. Not sure if it matters or not.......From what i understand they are mounted in the squench area and exit out the exhaust ports....Could they be rewired and mounted in another spot in a stock 88/96 casting??

Also as far as i have heard, SS dont fit in stock heads eithers.. Not enough meat.

thanks for the info guys. so much for that idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Before taking delivery of my '07 FLHP the dealer installed ACR heads telling me the stock 103 heads could not be retrofitted. I still have not been able to figure out which ACR head was installed. No part numbers on work order and dealer said they did not know. Been reading on the frorums that it either the old SE 103 or 110. Either way it sounds like more bragging rights at the local Starbucks.

Starts when hot and runs well.

Me like.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
If you want electric release you can use the S&S set up but you have to use there rocker boxes as well. I was looking at a set of rev tec rockers that I ordered for a customer for a t/c and I think they would wrok as well they are about 1/3 less money. Any way you cut it spendy compared to a manual release.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts