V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be selling my RK and getting a WG. "Might"...
I have an '02 RKC but were thinking about going to the fxdwg.
I've heard some good things, but also some bad things about the new '06's..
Something about the bearings they put in the new Dyna's...
Anyway, i'll be looking at '02-'06 fxdwg's and i'm wondering if I should be aware of any changes worth mentioning...
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
BadTwin said:
Might be selling my RK and getting a WG. "Might"...
I have an '02 RKC but were thinking about going to the fxdwg.
I've heard some good things, but also some bad things about the new '06's..
Something about the bearings they put in the new Dyna's...
Anyway, i'll be looking at '02-'06 fxdwg's and i'm wondering if I should be aware of any changes worth mentioning...
Thanks...
check out harleyhogs website, there is link to the 2006 dealer presentation

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pippeis said:
Can I ask you why you would sell a RK to get a WG?! Do you think it will be better for you?!?

ciao...

F
Well, in truth, the fxdwg has always been my favorite Hog. The RK was the most versatile and user friendly bike that still could be set up to look cool. I got a great deal on the King and went with it. The bikes great, theres no denying that. Here's the kicker, my wife doesnt like it as much as our FXRS. She doesnt like the extra roominess that she has with the RKC. She likes to be closer and tighter up to me. She sais that's one of things that she really enjoyed about riding with me. She also is quite fond of the chopper type look. Not the long raked out custom choppers, but like the wideglide and some of the old school choppers. My fxrs has apes and forward controls and it has more of the old school biker look. I guess my wife really digs that look and the ride.... We dont tour very much at all, so long distance rides are not really a concern.
I love the King, and if I keep it, then Doc's gonna build my engine for me, but I dont wanna spend all that green and then end up selling it anyway...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Had a chance to sit on an 06 WG Saturday. There is something about the new rear fender that just looks goofy to me. Think I'll stick with my 02 WG for the next few years. Been eye-balling the Street Glides, but I'll hold off until the novelty wears off.

Cruizer

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
I've got an '06 and it's a great bike. Some of the changes for '06 are a new frame, bigger forks, 6-speed, fatter rear tire, closed-loop efi, hidden wiring in the bars, etc. If you buy one, you have to sign a paper saying you'll allow HD to inspect the inner primary bearing every 15,000 miles. I've put a thousand miles on my bike in three weeks and it runs beautifully. Just about everyone who sees it compliments the bike. Other than the lousy setup the local dealer did, I have no complaints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts