V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I know nothing about Harleys. I rent out garages and someone left a Harley in one of them. All I know is that it is a 1976. I am going to have to sell it to get our storage charges but I have no idea what model it is so I can get a book value. I have attached a picture of the bike. Can someone give me some info about the bike?

Thanks!
Victoria :confused:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
vikki22
....how about posting the numbers from the frame and the engine...........it's an Iron Head Sporster, with the numbers you can get specific info from the members.............

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I smell a TACO!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
....are you reading those numbers from the title?? Why not go to the DMV with this info, sure you know who was renting?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Viki do you have Title?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I contacted the NH DMV and they said there is no owner or lienholder on file. The lady said since it is a 1976 that there is no title required. I know who we rented the garage to but I have not seen him since September. I tried contacting him with all the last info we had but I can't find him. I would rather him just pay me the $375 he owes me and clear out his garage. Why would someone leave a Harley? It has to be worth more than the storage charges. Now I have to hold a public sale which I have never done before. The joys of being a landlord!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hogg831, The numbers are from the frame and engine.

Thealien, Purple is my favorite color but as much as I love riding on a motorcycle, they scare me at the same time. Must be old age setting in!

Any ideas on the model specifics?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
vikki, can't help but notice there are tags on the bike, they're not from NH?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are tags on the bike but they expired in April 2000. For some reason, the DMV wouldn't or couldn't give me info on those tags. They just told me that I am free to sell the bike. I guess I will have to see if I can get a dealer over here to tell me what the model is. I have to make sure I sell it for a fair price in case the guy ever contacts me and wants his money. I have a couple of people who want to rent the garage but I can't do anything until I get rid of his stuff. Sorry if I offended anyone by coming on this board, I just didn't know how else to get the model so I could look up the book value on line.

Thanks everyone,
Victoria

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
1976 Harley-Davidson XLH Sportster
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
1000cc

Buy a Motorcycle

Sell Your Motorcycle

Motorcycle Financing

Motorcycle Store

Another Report

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $2675

The trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer for this consumer-owned unit. Keep in mind that the dealer must then absorb the cost of making the unit ready for sale, advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the unit for any mechanical or safety problems. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above.

You need to adjust it for your ZIP code.

·
Registered
515 Posts
O.K. You found me. I'll be right there to pay the bill.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hippo, Thanks for helping a damsel in distress!

2Deuce, Great! Will you get rid of all the other stuff too!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Other stuff ? ahhhhhhhh ......... that other stuff ain't mine. It belongs to THE ALEIN

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
4A83154H2

4A = XLCH-1000

H = 1970 thru 1979
2 = 1972

:rolleyes: ...no?

·
Registered
515 Posts
NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!! The bike is mine, that's your stuff. I saw U and FXDeanX put in there when i was storing my bike

1 - 20 of 33 Posts