V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to swap the chain driven for Gear driven this fall as my 2003 Road King classic with 88 twin cams has 24,400 miles. can I reuse the Oil pump and Cams plate?? I has engine oil pressure gauge on it and it always show good pressure as cold is 35 psi and hot is about 20 psi. but while on highway as 65 to 70 mph, it show 35 to 40 psi all time. i keep change oil and filters every 3,000 miles ( i am automotive technician which habit to change oil and filter every 3,000 miles)..

· Average Dude
6,253 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to swap the chain driven for Gear driven this fall as my 2003 Road King classic with 88 twin cams has 24,400 miles. can I reuse the Oil pump and Cams plate?? I has engine oil pressure gauge on it and it always show good pressure as cold is 35 psi and hot is about 20 psi. but while on highway as 65 to 70 mph, it show 35 to 40 psi all time. i keep change oil and filters every 3,000 miles ( i am automotive technician which habit to change oil and filter every 3,000 miles)..
Yes you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.