V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys thought of this. My RG came with a passenger sissybar/backrest thing. Since I'm the only one on the bike 99% of the time I took it off, but I started looking at it today thinking it would be nice if I could use it for a driver backrest instead of spending 200 bones for a new one. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
probably

You might be able to turn it around and see if it would work. However I'd highly recommend that you work on getting a pillon rider of the opposite sex to make your rides more fun!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I saw an episode of Junk Yard Wars where they made an airplane out of a bicycle, so making a backrest should be pretty easy. :) Granted, you can buy one for slightly less than $200, but I really respect someone who demonstrates the skill to fabricate something by hand. Besides, I'm not sure of the current exchange rate of dollars to bones.

Tom

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
Skip a meal every so often and walla you got enough "bones" so to speak to get what you really need. It's your scooter make it look like you want to I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts