V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with these? :dunno: What are their strengths and weaknesses? What, if any benefits are gained with these as oppossed to a standard evo build? (based on a mild build)
I have a nice set of TC jugs and pistons just sitting on my shelf in the garage and someone in another thread mentioned something about a FatVo. That got my curiosity going...
Thanks

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I thought they were Tc88 top end on an evo bottom. Advantages, I dunno unless you had a wore out evo and bought the twinkie stuff cheap.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
for some, a fatvo allows the tried and true evo bottom end to be matched to the improved twin cam top end.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I know thats what a fatvo is, but what I dont know is how they perform and how durable they are.
Sputhe Engineering has a kit for them. It's a 100" fatVo...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Gives you a big bore evo cheap. But you still need better heads.
There are a few companys out there that sell complete motors.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
A buddy of mine has a custom bike made by Fasttrac that came with a Fatvo motor that is 100" and he has about 40K on it and no problems so far. He is a older guy and his riding style is kinda laid back but so far it has been a good motor. What they do to get 100" is bore out the juggs to 95" and since the evo had a longer stroke you get some extra inches from that to mke 100", Like BADBOY said , I would do something with the heads. JMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts