V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a bike which should have a RevTech 125 installed; but some markings on the crankcase made me wonder if it actually is, or something else. The engine serial number is 125B00## so I expect it is a 125cu.

It is not starting well when cold, and am referring to the RevTech manual, but want to ensure I am barking up the right tree. RevTech have been unresponsive so far.

This is the marking which I am unsure of:

Bumper Hood Gadget Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Here is the engine:

Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I see an idle adjuster cable for a Mikuni. What do you have? 45mm? 48mm? I know to start mine with the 45mm, I give it a blip of throttle in the summer, 2 blips when it starts to turn colder out. This is even with the choke on.

Who told you that's a Twin Cam?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it started tonight with giving the plugs a good clean and gap, and changing the fuel line route. Seemed to start pretty easy, so interested how it goes tomorrow after sitting.

I would believe it is not a twin cam, should I post this over in Evo? Have been sportsbikes all my life and still learning the ins and outs of the vtwins.

I grabbed new plugs today according to what the RevTech manual specified: Autolite 4265
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...wners_Manual_Nov_2014.pdf?5161627371615193919
But they dont fit, the thread is too large. It takes the thread size of the NGK 3932 (M12 x 1.25)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's definitely an EVO style motor. I think they were sold by Custom Chrome 10 to 12 years ago. You can't find much current on them. If you want to compare what you have, look here.

RevTech Performance Polished finishReplaces 84-99 Evolution Style Engines Polished finish

They go down a list of features and components. Sorry, I can't find much good said about them. Except they didn't cost as much as an S&S.

I think that TDC mark was from a company that built motors for some lines of customs. Called The Driveline Company. I found a reference to the company from another forum about 12 years ago. Here is a quote from that post:

"These are the motors that they recieved from buying out The DriveLine Company. So technically they are not Revtechs only bought and whored out by CC. Haveing used TDC alot I would not have any problem with useing one as they are made in AZ. But CC has a history of scewing things up so I would not doubt if they move production ove seas"

The Company is probably gone by now too.

As far as where to post, you are already here. I don't think they will rap your knuckles for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitely an EVO style motor. I think they were sold by Custom Chrome 10 to 12 years ago. You can't find much current on them. If you want to compare what you have, look here.

RevTech Performance Polished finishReplaces 84-99 Evolution Style Engines Polished finish

They go down a list of features and components. Sorry, I can't find much good said about them. Except they didn't cost as much as an S&S.

I think that TDC mark was from a company that built motors for some lines of customs. Called The Driveline Company. I found a reference to the company from another forum about 12 years ago. Here is a quote from that post:

"These are the motors that they recieved from buying out The DriveLine Company. So technically they are not Revtechs only bought and whored out by CC. Haveing used TDC alot I would not have any problem with useing one as they are made in AZ. But CC has a history of scewing things up so I would not doubt if they move production ove seas"

The Company is probably gone by now too.

As far as where to post, you are already here. I don't think they will rap your knuckles for it.
Thanks mate, unbelievably helpful information. I was secretly hoping that it wasn't from Custom Chrome (RevTech) as dont hear a lot of positive information about them online since I purchased it; as well as their customer support being completely unresponsive.

Usefully, the bike has plenty of pull which I guess would be expected from a 125, but interested to see how I go if I need to rebuild or replace components down the track.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts