V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BB 95 build stock heads cometic .30 gaskets mikuni 42
V&H big shots. looking at these cams se203 ,S&S 510, andrews 26
all chain driven how do they compare and what c/r work best with witch cam?? bike is 2000 flstc. mostly ride solo 270 lb. rider.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Get the gear drive, you won't regret it. After pulling my cam chain tentioners at about 20 k. I was apalled at the wear. Got the gear drive and 37g cams. Big change. The gear drive will never let the cam timing change.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
With what you have , I'd agree Andrews 26G with gear drive.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
:beatdh: Not to mention early 2000 had questionable tensioers. Not sure models or how long through year.

Interested too. Will be ordering next week.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'd go with the 26G , talk to HD Wrench ( forum sponsor) he was good to me when I got my Andrews 31G

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
gotonesj28 said:
ok so if i get the andrews 26g whos got the best price??
HDWrench...not only good price, but top notch support as well. He's the man!

YB

·
Registered
755 Posts
GrayRider said:
Anybody have any input on S&S 510g?
Very good bolt-in cam for non-high compression builds. The grind and performance are very similar to the Andrews 37G and the SE203 - both of which have been beaten to death elsewhere here. Power comes on early. TQ will be flat (as long as you don't have sh!t pipes) and in the low 90's with a mild 95" build.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
While similar to the tw 37 , it's a bit more biased to the upper end , both are nice cams

·
Registered
786 Posts
S&S 510, makes for a nice lumpy idle, really nothing there until about 3200 rpm or so then comes on pretty good. You will be down shifting a lot to keep it on the sweet spot. There are also tuning issues on the EFI bikes, real hard to get good driveability at low rpm low throttle positions, something to do with the overlap. I had put one in my '03 FLHTCUI along with 95", Scottsman heads, stock headers w/Kerker slipons, and a PC111 and ran it for 5k miles and was never satisfied with the performance, sure it pulled hard after 32-3500 rpm but that got old real quick. Switched to 37g cams and the driveability is now there from the instant the clutch is released to redline. My .02
AP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts