V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys,

There seems to be some intelligence and experience on this board so here's the question:

I have a 2002 carbureted Roadking. I went crazy on Ebay after Sturgis this year and it now has SE Heads, 95inch kit with cast flat-top pistons. Evidently put it back together right as it has about 1k miles on it since mods, it doesn't use oil! duh!
It has a mikuni hsr42 carb. I am trying to decide on a cam profile, this is where I have to ask, would you go for a SE204 cam or the 211?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a very similar setup as you , I tried the SE203 and 204 and the Andrews TW21 and TW26 .
Best result on the road and on the dyno were the TW21.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The 95" stage II is with 10.25 CR pistons. That CR is required for the 211 cams to give you some low end torque. With the 9.5 or so he has with the S/E heads I would think the Andrews would be a better choice. Also check the tw-37's. Cam choice can be one of the hardest thing to get right, take your time and keep asking questons.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I've got a 2000 Road King, similar set up. Went through all the same questions and answer about the 203 and 204. Ended up going with the 257. Lots of HP and TQ, with an extremely nice torque and power curve. Comes on right away, with no flat and dead spots. Have a dyno chart posted on another thread if you want to look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked around for your dyno chart but didn't see it . Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I would think the 257's would = alot of valve tran ware on a high miles type of bike. If you dont do alot of cross country riding then its great...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yoy guys that "experimented" with the 203's at first, what is the problem with them? I have a 03 EFI Deuce with Hooker short staggered and the stage I kit, i have the green and want to do the "big bore" thing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We tried the 203 on my 95" FLHR , on the road and on the dyno there was very little difference from the stock cam , the 204 was a little better , the TW21 made an appreciable difference .

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Do OEM Harley Bearings fit Andrews cams or do you need to buy the Cams AND Bearings from Andrews?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You can use the Harley cam instulation kit. It comes with new bearings (inner&outer) all the o-rings and seals needed. Choice is yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts