V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning my first trip to Sturgis and I need some help finding a campground in the Deadwood area. I’ve looked in the net and found a couple of places but it's awfully hard to tell what the campground is really like when I can only see one small photo.

If anyone knows of a good campground in Deadwood, I would be forever grateful.

Creeker

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately when I called the KOA campground in Deadwood, they are all booked during the rally dates. :(

I'm planning to drive from San Francisco (via Canada) to the rally and the drive will take almost 12 days round trip. Due to my job, I can only stay in Sturgis for 3 days. Do you think it will be possible/advisable to just drive into the Deadwood, without reservations, and find a camp site?

Are reservations a must during the rally?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Sometimes!!! you can drive into a campground without a reservation, particulary toward the end of Rally. Is it a safe bet? No, it's not. Keep searching. You'll find some campgrounds in the area.

Oh, don't forget the H/D Forum get together over at Fifth's & Deb's campground. Several members have spots there. (There's a thread on the topic.) And there's likely to be a H/D Forum "ride" on day, too. See if you can schedule your time in the area so you can meet some fellow members.

FYI. I recently heard there were some, a few rooms, available in Rapid City. IF you're willing to pay the bucks!

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
may i make a recommendation here by sturgis? the campground i like to refer people to is the one called elk view campground. local owners, and the campground is still relatively new. its located on I-90 between sturgis and piedmont......about 4 miles from sturgis. you can visit the website www.elkviewcampground.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ginger. The campground looks perfect and I've submitted my reservations.

There's a cold beer waiting for you at exit 37 in August. My treat.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
LOL creeker........thank you. it was my pleasure.....i just hope you like the place......;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.