V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ridin' bikes for years
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of carrying small point & shoot digital and 35mm cameras, I splurged and now am a proud owner of a Nikon D70s SLR digital camera with the standard 18-70mm lens and a 55-200mm telephoto lens.

Can anyone recommend a heavy duty, well padded camera case for my outfit that will fit in a hard saddlebag? I'm really concerned about protecting the camera from vibration.

Thanks.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Here are my two Domke camera bags. The one on the left is marked "F2" and "Original" on a tag inside. The smaller one, which measures about a foot across, is marked "F6" and "Little Bit Smaller." I would think the smaller one would fit in a hard saddlebag, but I don't own a bagger so I don't know what their dimensions are.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
There's been a lot of discussions on this over on a couple of the digital photography boards. I've carried cameras on my bikes for years but most of 'em have been rugged Nikons (F, F1, F2's) and such. When I bought my D70 I was concerned that they are all electronic and the "Harley" vibration might kill 'em.

I carry a Sony P200 in my windshield bag. My D70 (which is being replaced with a D2x this next week), SB800 flash and a couple 3 lenses I carry in the tour-pac between two pieces of tittie foam. Tried putting it all in a single bag but took up too much room so I spread it out a little. Have traveled some 28,000+ miles with 'em packed this way and it's still working great.

o~\o

·
Registered
622 Posts
You got yourself a great camera. As stated in previous posts, Pelican cases can't be beat for durability, moisture and dust resistance, and all around traveling and storage protection. For on the go we got a professional camera backpack (lowepro compu treker). Its padded, plenty of room for additonal lenses, flash, etc. It holds 2 SLRs, lenses, flashes, etc, and an area for a laptop. Packs come in large, about the size of a day pack and medium, like a small daypack. They do make some fanny type packs, but that might be too small for that size of a camera. Check out these variety of brands and styles.

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/526242/103-2452172-9265419

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I too ride with a D70 and usually 3 lenses. I have an FXST with soft bags, but usually strap a backpack style Lowepro bag on the back rest. I have two backpack types; one small (good for the camera and the SB800); the other quite large-good for 3 extra lenses, flash, filters, charger, etc. I ride all over Texas shooting pics on day and weekend rides and have never had a problem. I am not necessarily kind to my bag either. The camera is a brute.:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts