V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....that oreo cookies, cheese doodles,fig newtons, graham crackers and milk,cigarettes, chunky pretzals,time, working 60-70 hours a week, women,being a family man, watching animal shows (I now know how thousands of animals fornicate),remodeling the house, starving myself by not eating, drinking gallons of coffee,money, position, etc. etc. list is ad infinitum, would all restore me to sanity.If only I made my life manageable then I wouldn't be a alcoholic and I could return to the bottle.I had the first step backwards.Was like the guy twirling the dishes on the Ed Sullivan Show.Finally, I let the dishes drop.Realized the only thing standing between me and a drink was a power greater then myself.I abandoned myself to God.My life has not been the same.I take no credit for sobriety.Time is meaniless.Been sober since 5:15 this morning.I hope I will be gifted with another grand day......twopffenig

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Me too.....woke up at 0630, put on the coffee, got the paper, took the dogs out, and left the patio door open since it is cool here this morning. One of my thoughts was that I have no desire to go get a beer later today and I am now at the point where that feeling is not going to change as it gets closer to the "witching hour". 60 days sober this Friday.

I will read your post agin later in the day twopffenig. You have been a super help to me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
As time goes by it becomes easier not to drink. One day at a time. Keep your self busy-your mind. Think positive! Like the cartoon says I think I can, I think I can................ I never thought I could but I did; so far-13 yrs........
jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts