V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
old timer
516 Posts
The EV-27 has a little more torque than the EV-3

I ran one of the 27's for two years...liked it a lot...recently went to the SE-57.

manny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Follow up question for "Hotroadking"

Hotroadking,
I am thinking about the EV27 for my '97 EFI roadking as well. My bike is currently set up
with the HD Stage 1 kit and a powercommander. Did you have to change the injectors? If not, did you have any problems with lean conditions?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rick

·
Registered
158 Posts
EV-27

Rick,

I changed to the higher flow injectors, and a stage II chip, the powercommanders were not as popular at the time and maps were
not as available. I also shaved 50 thousands off the heads to increase compression, using the stock 80 inch EVO pistons.

Detontation was not a problem when I went with the 27 as the higher lift lowers overall or static compression, in fact the stock RK detonated in the high summer heat, and with the new cam and stage II chip that went away. So shaving the heads kept compression up and thecam brought it down probably leveling it off at 9 to 1. it was not running lean by any means.

If I had to do over I would add the powercommander to the bike and had it dyno tuned. Probably put on some Khrome Werks HP+ slip ons, but I really liked the Porker Straight Pipes with the baffles in, great sound.

I would still do the stage II to get rid of the rev limiter and advance the base fuel and spark.

·
Registered
80 Posts
unregistered said:
Any one using an andrews EV-27..how do you like it?

Got it on my last Fxdwg -95, combinied with 10:1 comp, hsr 42 and a Pro-pipe, it was a very great cam :), pulled through the hole rpm range

·
Registered
780 Posts
Andrews EV 46 is also a good cam if you mill the heads .060 or use high comp. pistons. It is one of the best sounding cams on evo. sweet ! But you need extra compression to make it work.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
I have an Andrews EV-27, Kuryakyn Hypercharger, rejetted carbs, and Vance & Hines ProPipe on my custom '95 Dyna Wideglide (EVO 80). Runs great, pulls as hard as you want throughout the rpm range, and sounds like a million dollars. At the stoplights it sits there and does the EV-27 cam dance for ya...and sounds great too. You can't go wrong with it imo.

Semper Fi,
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts