V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched, and have read a smattering of the Delkron being off a bit and induces the need for over/under gears, nothing on the Fueling at all and since it is made for the pump that appears odd to me, So any help would be appreciated in this.

I am going for the pump/lifters for sure.

Question is WHICH cam plate and why?

Fueling? 289 or so

Delkron? 320 or so

Stock? 100 or so

You may ask why a new one and it is a preventative maintenance for the blown rocker support plate. I lied to myself and said I would not bother but I have to do it to check the oil pump and if I am going in I will replace the pump and the cam plate to ensure no issues for the riding season. Bottom line is I don't trust it since metal has run through it.

I also am concerned that the slamming of the lifter into the cam may have stressed the cam plate or bearings, since I have the inner cam bearing tools, and the S&S install kit is like 28 bucks, it just makes sense to do it.

Am I paranoid, or just doing due diligence?

·
Registered
487 Posts
paranoidd no its a good thing. no to the delkron. stock works great can't say about the fueling haven't used one i would use stock lifters though even with the super pump

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
I have heard of tolerance issues with the Delkron plate and gear-driven cams. I don't know if they've resolved them or not. Hopefully some of the pros will chime in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Otto said:
paranoidd no its a good thing. no to the delkron. stock works great can't say about the fueling haven't used one i would use stock lifters though even with the super pump
I have installed a Feuling Cam Plate in my bike, S & S Gear Drive, 37G cams, Feuling Pump and Lifters, S & S Pushrods.
Cam Plate seems to have good tolerance ( gear clearance was well within tolerance ) My only problem is oil pressure relief valve is stuck.( See High Oil Pressure Thread)
I would greatly appriciate any input on that if you have some.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
I run the Delcron and do have a tolarance issue withe the cam gears.
I need to install the larger Pinion gear to get rid of the ticking.
Talked to an expert a while back and he stated that was an issue with the Delcron plates.
I did install a Delcon in a friends bike and it did not have any tolarance issues.
I installed mine because my bike was a 99 and they had all kinds of issues in there. Delcon was the only after market avalible at the time.
I think the stock plate has been improved since than and would work fine.

·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your input.

I have gone to ALL Feuling Parts, Pump/Lifters/Cam Plate.

I was way off on the OEM plate it goes like 160 something with the 20% off!

It appears that the Feuling Cam Plate is a new item and are in short supply at this point. I lucked out and got one. It seems they are for use only with the Feuling oil pump, and will not work with a stock pump, and are "balanced and blue printed" for the pump.

Sounds good as all marketing claims do, but Feuling has been around for a while and I have always heard nothing but good on their pumps. I hope for a quality product, and hope the system lives up to my expectations.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Just an FYI LAF,
I see you alresdy have the Baisley spring. I do not know if the directions on the Fueling pump still require the streching of the oil bypass spring, but the Baisley spring addresses that issue so ignore those instructions and just install the Baisley spring. I know its common sence, just thought I would mention it though.
Good luck on the rebuild.

·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.