V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 04 RK with a SE 103 build with
SE Pro 103+ Heads, SE 103+ Pistons,Mikuni 45mm Carb, 10.5-1 Comp.
Want to go to geared cams and I'm looking for advice.
I ride solo and would like a strong cruising cam that is not overly noisy.
I have been considering WildThings TC-4G or TC-46G
or HeadQuarters HQ-0039. But I am not sold on anything.
I'm having a tough time pulling the trigger on a decision.
Any and all opinions and advice is welcomed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a simular set up with a thunderheader for a pipe and EFI. I am going to the S&S gear drive and Woods TW8g cam. I'm running the HTCC non-ported heads, 10.5/1 CR, and 257 cams. Im looking for more torque. There are many post's here talking about cams and preferences. Woods and Andrews seem to be a favorite if you read most of them. Gear drive is a great upgrade if your worried about tensioner's. I ride hard, so gear drive being done in 2-weeks by GMR Performance.
Read-up... There are many post here.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
My choices would be TW55g, TC26g, TW6hg. The Woods would be the best torquer but could be noisy YMMV, the Andrews soft in a 95" motor but will be very strong in the 103 with that compression, the Wild Things similar to the Andrews. The TC4 or 46 not my choice but would gain a few hp over the others with a loss of low end tq.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Londo, you might like the TC 46G with those heads. I ran one in a 95" with HTCC CNC heads and it was quiet, easy starting and smooth wide power band. I also like the S&S .625 and have had good luck with it. The Woods cam mentioned is also a good cam for a heavy bike, but some complain of noise.

·
Registered
487 Posts
have 2 103 injected baggers out there running Red shift 577 both are over 120/120 have one here i just finished aseembling with woods tw 400g alittle ticky but from bench and once oround the lot its gonna be fun althou i have a dyna carb 103 at 125/128 with a andrews tw64 but the tw 59g would be a better street cam

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Otto said:
have 2 103 injected baggers out there running Red shift 577 both are over 120/120 have one here i just finished aseembling with woods tw 400g alittle ticky but from bench and once oround the lot its gonna be fun althou i have a dyna carb 103 at 125/128 with a andrews tw64 but the tw 59g would be a better street cam
Otto:
What 103 do you have? Are they the CVO's? I'm considering the 557 in my 03 103 CVO and would like to know if that's what you have.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
What Terry C said. Go w/ the Head Quarters cams!!! You will not be disapointed. Give Doug a call on Monday as they are super busy right now and He spends Mondays on the phone talking to people... He'll put you in the right cam. I bet he tells you a HQ-0033G or a HQ-0036G though. I've got the HQ-0039 in my 95" and it pulls like a bear!! It'll probably work in the 103" but I think you'll realize more potential w/ one of the other two. Just my -2$en#e-
:boobies:
:chopper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts