V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving myself nuts today. First day off in 6 weeks and I've been spending the majority of it trying to make a decision on which cam to use with my upcoming 95" build. I've had communications with several builders and have been reading lot of different things.

By asking for your personal experiences with this I'll probably confuse myself some more but what the ....

Here's what I'm considering, with properly done matching heads of course.
tw26g (9.5:1)
tw37g (9.8:1)
tw44g (10:1)(haven't heard too much about these)

I ride 2 up on weekend rides with a few week long trips yearly. Other than that the rest of the time is solo, back and forth to work and out with some friends. I do like to twist the throttle.

Any comments are welcome as I don't want to screw this up and wind up with a doggy ping monster.

Thanks,
Rick
 

·
Average Dude
Joined
·
6,263 Posts
eglider05 said:
I'm driving myself nuts today. First day off in 6 weeks and I've been spending the majority of it trying to make a decision on which cam to use with my upcoming 95" build. I've had communications with several builders and have been reading lot of different things.

By asking for your personal experiences with this I'll probably confuse myself some more but what the ....

Here's what I'm considering, with properly done matching heads of course.
tw26g (9.5:1)
tw37g (9.8:1)
tw44g (10:1)(haven't heard too much about these)

I ride 2 up on weekend rides with a few week long trips yearly. Other than that the rest of the time is solo, back and forth to work and out with some friends. I do like to twist the throttle.

Any comments are welcome as I don't want to screw this up and wind up with a doggy ping monster.

Thanks,
Rick
What is your ride? A bagger, Dyna? Ect?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
I've ridden a Eglide with the TW44s before...It was damn impressive.

I'm in the same delima, I have three sets of cams sitting in my shop (SE211's, TW55, and SE251---damn you ebay!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Think about the Wood TW-6 as well. I ride an '05 Road Glide, with minor head work and a good set of pipes I'm getting 105/97. She rides great throughout the rpm's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
If you were considering head porting you can go with the Woods TW5 as it has exceelent torque numbers and would suite your ride.

All the best, Ozzie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
Tw44

I HAVE A SET OF THE TW44 CAMS THAT ARE LOW MILES THAT I ENDED UP WITH FROM A PACKAGE DEAL. IF YOU WANT THEM LET ME KNOW, I WILL TAKE $160 SHIPPED. IF YOU WANT I CAN GET YOU SOME PICS TOMORROW MORNING.

LET ME KNOW,

THANKS

JIM

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chopper blue de said:
I HAVE A SET OF THE TW44 CAMS THAT ARE LOW MILES THAT I ENDED UP WITH FROM A PACKAGE DEAL. IF YOU WANT THEM LET ME KNOW, I WILL TAKE $160 SHIPPED. IF YOU WANT I CAN GET YOU SOME PICS TOMORROW MORNING.

LET ME KNOW,

THANKS

JIM

[email protected]
Are they gear cams?

Thanks,
Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
michael101 said:
I've ridden a Eglide with the TW44s before...It was damn impressive.

I'm in the same delima, I have three sets of cams sitting in my shop (SE211's, TW55, and SE251---damn you ebay!)
What kind of head work was done on the bike you rode?

Thanks,
Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
YOu should consider Dewey's heads and Andrews cams he sell with them..

<<<<<<When you have Dewey do your heads,he will sell you the gear drive cams for $500. A 103 is going to need alot of work to outrun a 95 with Dewey's heads and 37 cams. That has been proven many of times !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
TW44 cams

Hey,
those extra cams that i have are chain cams. If your interested, make me an offer.

jim

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red02FXST said:
YOu should consider Dewey's heads and Andrews cams he sell with them..

<<<<<<When you have Dewey do your heads,he will sell you the gear drive cams for $500. A 103 is going to need alot of work to outrun a 95 with Dewey's heads and 37 cams. That has been proven many of times !
I am very seriously considering Dewey's heads and the 37G cams. I'm just a litle concerned I might not get the low end grunt I would get with the 26's. And at the same time I'm tossing around the 44's.

Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ozzie In Arabia said:
If you were considering head porting you can go with the Woods TW5 as it has exceelent torque numbers and would suite your ride.

All the best, Ozzie
You can bet your ... I'm doing the heads. I can't see doing it any other way.

Rick
 

·
OldFart
Joined
·
139 Posts
Cams

Don't forget to look at the TW-31 cams. These are often overlooked and can be a nice boost to those who are thinking TW26's are enough, and TW31 might be too much. I have never spoken with anybody who was that impressed going from stock cams to tw26's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
eglider05 said:
I am very seriously considering Dewey's heads and the 37G cams. I'm just a litle concerned I might not get the low end grunt I would get with the 26's. And at the same time I'm tossing around the 44's.

Rick
With my 44's my tq. hits 100 at 3,000 rpms.


Boris
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top