V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a woods tw5g cam in their bagger? And if so, what is the rest of the build, also, is it noisy and are you running roller rockers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
woods cams

hi.running the tw6g cam,gear drive and yes you do hear a whine,but it's not bad.The tc88 by itself has a noisey valve train. I have a 95bb and it works great,alot of torque.Build so far SE95BB,pc3r,fuiling oil pump,rhinehart true duels with the 2inch baffles. gives me [email protected] and 96 [email protected] winter I am sending heads out to baisley for a super street port ($749) and with the 6g only being a 510 lift you don't need rollers expecting to see @97plus hp depending on who i get to tune it./2003FLHTI,

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
bemisbunker said:
Is anyone running a woods tw5g cam in their bagger? And if so, what is the rest of the build, also, is it noisy and are you running roller rockers?
The lift on the 5G is .575 & yes the roller rockers make the valvetrain noisier. For the cost of decent set of roller rockers you could go with the RevPerf 98" stay with a bolt in cam like he 6G or 37G (.510 lifts) and get close to 110, 110. This set up would be quieter and easier on your valvetrain(better reliability). Just food for thought.:whistle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts