V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. The task is done. I installed the cam with the original gear from Andrews and just as I suspected it was too big which created a distinct whine after the bike warmed up, so I pulled it back out took it to the shop and pressed on the original Harley gear and re-installed. Just took it for a test run and she is quiet as a church mouse. No whine No pusrods hitting the tubes and very little lifter noise. Here are the details.
Andrews EV-27, Revtech II adjustable pusrods(adjusted to 23 flats), CV carb w/ thunderslide kit (45 slow jet and 185 main), Sreaming Eagle slipons, Hyper Charger with K&N filter.
Any Ideas on what pipes to try?

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Vance & Hines Propipe!!!! Just about the BEST there is. But don't trust me...ask the experts in here like Doc and Otto.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
rlpos said:
OK. The task is done. I installed the cam with the original gear from Andrews and just as I suspected it was too big which created a distinct whine after the bike warmed up, so I pulled it back out took it to the shop and pressed on the original Harley gear and re-installed. Just took it for a test run and she is quiet as a church mouse. No whine No pusrods hitting the tubes and very little lifter noise. Here are the details.
Andrews EV-27, Revtech II adjustable pusrods(adjusted to 23 flats), CV carb w/ thunderslide kit (45 slow jet and 185 main), Sreaming Eagle slipons, Hyper Charger with K&N filter.
Any Ideas on what pipes to try?
Don't know about pipes but you saved a lot of money changing the cam gear. A new pinion gear was over $100 the last time I looked.

·
Registered
213 Posts
steveusmc said:
Vance & Hines Propipe!!!! Just about the BEST there is. But don't trust me...ask the experts in here like Doc and Otto
You can ask Sailor too and the answer will be the same: V&H Pro Pipe. My set up is close to your's and it runs like a scalded Dog.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Check out D&D Fatcats--I love mine, not too loud, have a nice deep throaty sound

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went with Hooker 2 into 2 upswept slash cut tuneables.
and running half way between the torque and horsepower setting.
SWEET!!!

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Plus...the V&H Propipe looks great on an FXD of any style:
Here's a pic of my 1995 FXDWG. The sound is great, the look is great (imo), and it makes great power. I have the EV-3 Andrews cam, Kuryakyn Hypercharger, rejetted stock carb, Screaming Eagle Ignition, and Carlini Torque Arm.
Good Luck,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Sorry about that...I posted the above reply and didn't see you had already made your choice. If you are happy with those pipes then you can't go wrong.
Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

1 - 10 of 10 Posts