V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, subject line should read Primary not cam.
Saw some interesting thoughts/opinions on chain tensioners via search and have pretty much decided to try the hydraulic model...I think it's hb125.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how this would compare to the model that the MoCo is offering now. Am I correct in assuming the MoCo part won't offer the same performance/tension on decel that the hb125 would?
All feedback appreciated.
Fred

·
Registered
9 Posts
fredcrn said:
Sorry, subject line should read Primary not cam.
Saw some interesting thoughts/opinions on chain tensioners via search and have pretty much decided to try the hydraulic model...I think it's hb125.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how this would compare to the model that the MoCo is offering now. Am I correct in assuming the MoCo part won't offer the same performance/tension on decel that the hb125 would?
All feedback appreciated.
Fred
Woks fine on my 2004fxdxi...better shifting...click shift instead of a clunk. A bit noisey but I'll give it some time to seat. I believe the hayden has some break in noise too. Easy install as well.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Save your money on either of them, IMO. Just check your tension everytime you change the primary oil. It only takes 1 finger to do it. If your results are like mine, you'll find that the chain rarely needs attention. I had to adjust the chain on my '00 the first time at 31k. Now at 57k, it is still within spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts