V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just received a letter from HD in Milwaukee confirming the 'date of manufacture' of my Engine as being Jan 19, 2000. I bought this bike new in Sept 2000.
My question is, according to a site I'm looking at, the Cam bearings were changed over from the ball bearings to roller bearings on 14 Dec 99.

Quote,

" If your engine was built before Dec. 14 1999 then you have the problem ball bearings. On and after Dec. 14 1999 and the new improved roller bearings with the new cam support plate will have been installed in your engine."

Can anybody confirm these 'dates' as to the changeover?

I seem to have scraped in by about 5 weeks if these dates are correct! :D

·
Registered
903 Posts
I don't know the exact date but when I checked mine out I was okay too and the engine was made mid-2000. I believe they had it straightened out by the end of '99.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JimmyK said:
Yo Hog,

The dates are correct. You are cool man.
Thanks Jimmy. ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just this minute got off the phone with H-D customer service asking about the date of manufacture on my 99 Dyna. The change-over date is in fact 12/14/99. Unfortunately, my engine's confirmed date of birth is Aug. 98.
7500 miles and no unusual noises. Rep said if it started making noises to have dealer replace the bearings and they would cover. No noises and they would not cover pre-emptive repairs. Anybody else get this story?

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
harleyhog said:
I've just received a letter from HD in Milwaukee confirming the 'date of manufacture' of my Engine as being Jan 19, 2000. I bought this bike new in Sept 2000.

My question is, according to a site I'm looking at, the Cam bearings were changed over from the ball bearings to roller bearings on 14 Dec 99.

Quote,

" If your engine was built before Dec. 14 1999 then you have the problem ball bearings. On and after Dec. 14 1999 and the new improved roller bearings with the new cam support plate will have been installed in your engine."

Can anybody confirm these 'dates' as to the changeover?

I seem to have scraped in by about 5 weeks if these dates are correct! :D
Can I ask what site you're looking at?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.