V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 fat boy and i am interested in putting in larger cams. I don't want anything too radical, but something that would give it a little more "giddy up". I don't even know what size cams are in it now, the stock ones. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You will get alot of different responses to this question.

I went with SE255 cams, not to radical, but a great punch and still under warrenty.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Post deleted because I didn't catch it was a 2011 when I first read it. My comments were more for an 88 build...

rkc

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very happy with my Andrews 26H cams. I've got 90+ tq from 2200-5000 rpm! Peak 99 tq @ 4000.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Nothing wrong with the SE255 or an Andrews 48 in a 96" engine, give you plenty of bottom end.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 2011 fat boy and i am interested in putting in larger cams. I don't want anything too radical, but something that would give it a little more "giddy up". I don't even know what size cams are in it now, the stock ones. Any suggestions?
You have a lot of good choices. I have the Feuling cams (08streetglide) and I'm very happy with them. Very wide, flat torque curve. My suggestion is do some homework and make calls directly to the manufactures. And call some performance shops (this site has a few to choose from) and ask what they use or recommend. Read and ask around. Higher lift with short to medium duration--short to medium overlap and wider center lines will generally produce good low to mid range power and still give you a boost at the top end. Be specific as to what it is you want and be honest about how you ride...and you'll be happy with your choice.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
what exhaust ?
what tuning device?
what CI 96 or 103?
who is going to tune it and how?

read up and then decide. there are so many choices anymore. some are so close to each other.you wont notice a nickles worth of diff. but you can make a better informed decison after you wrap your head around whats going on.
take a look at this thread

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/t...plaining-how-cams-work-what-numbers-mean.html

You have a lot of good choices. I have the Feuling cams (08streetglide) and I'm very happy with them. Very wide, flat torque curve. My suggestion is do some homework and make calls directly to the manufactures. And call some performance shops (this site has a few to choose from) and ask what they use or recommend. Read and ask around. Higher lift with short to medium duration--short to medium overlap and wider center lines will generally produce good low to mid range power and still give you a boost at the top end. Be specific as to what it is you want and be honest about how you ride...and you'll be happy with your choice.
good advice...and those feuling cams are often overlooked. but I am liking them myself:beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts