V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a flame and not ment to start some crap. I get the idea that you are either a dealer or a custom shop, but more likley a dealer. Your insight and honest answers would be appreciated by myself and others as well. Some of us like the dealers and some dont, just like anything there are good and bad. You rarley hear the good just the bad.

1. Why does it take so long when you order parts thru the dealer?

2. Why does it seem alot of dealers just looks for an excuse to void a warranty, example using a non hd lock will void the warranty? Changing pipes or carbs will void the warranty? It seems I read that there was a law passed saying the use of afetrmarket parts can not void warrantys?

3. The controls that I am thinking of getting from J&P, are complete, what wouldnt fit? Its not if I was gonna mix stock parts with the after market parts, please explain.

Again this is not a flame, if you are a dealer you could provide valuable info to the members of this board.........thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Take a look here .

As for warranty work I really can only say not using a HD lock will NOT void your warranty! Carb and pipe change could void your warranty Example : wrong jetting and your motor burns up. But thats a far reach. I don't usually deal with warranty stuff.

Sorry I couldn't help ya more.

calvin3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts