V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read yet ANOTHER post by some one claiming that they were talking about their WOMAN/DAUGHTER/MOTHER's sporty when responding to a thread in this SPORTSTER forum.

BS, just admit IT'S YOUR SPORTSTER, you DO NOT own a 'big twin', and YOU"RE not insecure about it.

They make a boner-pill for your condition.

I ride a Sporty, and I don't need Viagra.

Thats all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
if i owned a sportster, i would be damned proud and wouldnt carewhat anyone thinks.they are fast, nimble, and classy.i ride a dyna and at times wish it was a sporty for the hot rodder in me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,044 Posts
It's my wife's honest! :bleh:
I have an EG Classic,she has an '04 XL883 but I ride it more than she does :wootdnc:
I also have an XLCH all in pieces that I hope to ride someday,rode one like it for years :cool:
Anyone who's spent much time with a CH wouldn't call it a girls bike,I've seen grown men fall apart trying to start one:hystria:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Y2K said:
It's my wife's honest! :bleh:
I have an EG Classic,she has an '04 XL883 but I ride it more than she does :wootdnc:
I also have an XLCH all in pieces that I hope to ride someday,rode one like it for years :cool:
Anyone who's spent much time with a CH wouldn't call it a girls bike,I've seen grown men fall apart trying to start one:hystria:

Hmmmmm, OK, at least you admit to riding it....hmmmmm......You're cool.

I am 'Un-calling' bullshit on you Sir!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
jason_21218 said:
Just read yet ANOTHER post by some one claiming that they were talking about their WOMAN/DAUGHTER/MOTHER's sporty when responding to a thread in this SPORTSTER forum.

BS, just admit IT'S YOUR SPORTSTER, you DO NOT own a 'big twin', and YOU"RE not insecure about it.

They make a boner-pill for your condition.

I ride a Sporty, and I don't need Viagra.

Thats all.
Got a link for that post you speak of?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hi I'm lock,
I live in Australia and the hardest thing to buy here is a second hand Sportster.
Nobody but nobody wants to sell their sporty once they buy them and I am the same. I have still got my '76 XLCH 1000 and I also have a 2003 XL1200s. My mates ride sporties and we have a ball, and we couldn't give a toss what anybody thinks or says, not that anyone ever says anything anyway.

Thanks for listening.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,329 Posts
jason_21218 said:
Just read yet ANOTHER post by some one claiming that they were talking about their WOMAN/DAUGHTER/MOTHER's sporty when responding to a thread in this SPORTSTER forum.

BS, just admit IT'S YOUR SPORTSTER, you DO NOT own a 'big twin', and YOU"RE not insecure about it.

They make a boner-pill for your condition.

I ride a Sporty, and I don't need Viagra.

Thats all.

Jason, my man, I have to say that anyone who looks down their nose at a Sportster and rides a Dyna or Softail or cruser is a person with insecurities. Dont place that on me as a Sportster owner. My Soprtster will climb over those bikes, right over them and wipe its ass with them. I dont have a complex about my bike. My bike.... yes, my bike is a Sportster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
geoffreyt said:
Jason, my man, I have to say that anyone who looks down their nose at a Sportster and rides a Dyna or Softail or cruser is a person with insecurities. Dont place that on me as a Sportster owner. My Soprtster will climb over those bikes, right over them and wipe its ass with them. I dont have a complex about my bike. My bike.... yes, my bike is a Sportster.


What you said.....I don't think I stated clearly enough originally what is bothering me....

I'm really just talking about all the posters here who comment on one sporty topic or another and then say something like " -but it's my wifes sporty" , like they are trying to say that they are just here to post on behalf of their S.O. RIGHT buddy......admit its your sporty and stop trying to act like you actually ride a big twin. Pathetic.


That's all I'm talking about....not whether people look down on sporties or not....just those who post here and won't admit that they are talking about THEIR OWN bike, not their girls bike.

Oh well, done venting for the day.
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
lock said:
Hi I'm lock,
I live in Australia and the hardest thing to buy here is a second hand Sportster.
Nobody but nobody wants to sell their sporty once they buy them and I am the same. I have still got my '76 XLCH 1000 and I also have a 2003 XL1200s. My mates ride sporties and we have a ball, and we couldn't give a toss what anybody thinks or says, not that anyone ever says anything anyway.

Thanks for listening.
Hi lock,

Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Please introduce yourself by posting in the "My Story, the Beginning..." thread.

We have many Aussies here at the VTF and we welcome another! :yes:

regards,

wyo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
i own both a 2006 sportster roadster 1200R all black and a 2006 night train
there both hot hot bikes i traded that sporty in for the night train... but nothings as quick as a 1200R i kinda miss this lightness and torque of it
but i like a bigger bike thats all go sportys
 

·
DHARMA Initiative
Joined
·
5,678 Posts
I own both. I have a 1200S and a supercharged jockeyshifted Springer Softail. Oh and my wife?, she owns a 883 Hugger.


Edited to add. Oh yea, I'm not insecure.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,329 Posts
Germany Bert said:
I don't really own a Sporty but I tell people that I do. But I do have Schwinn 10 speed bicycle.
you are getting close. See if you cant find yourself a Briggs & Straton two stroke to jam on that bad boy and get to riding the right way. If you study the Wright brothers engine designs you will find that a Briggs & Straton is quite high time. The carb was a tube of fuel that dripped onto a pan and made a splash as it was sucked into the ignition chamber. And to think they could fly with that thing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Ran into a fellow rider this weekend who currently rides the Triumph Rocket III (2400CC behemoth). He made the progression from Sporty to Dyna to Fat Boy to Road King to Rocket. Told me if he ever owned another bike, he'd go back to the Sporty...funnest bike he ever owned. Speaks volumes...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20 Posts
Well its the wifes sporty NOW! It was mine till I brought home the Ultra Classic the other day. Now I am told the sporty is hers. HAHAHA I still will ride my old sporty and dont care what someone else thinks. Whats really funny was people I knew said dont get a sporty its a girls bike. How stupid of them. Oh well you cant fix stupid can ya.
 
1 - 20 of 306 Posts
Top