V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom calls me Pat. My friends call me Riggs.
Waukesha & Mercer, Wisconsin.
6' 190lbs. shaved head & an ugly goatee.
I'm 37, married for 9 yrs. to a beautiful gal I went to school with since the 7th grade.
We have 2 boys, Dylan (8) and Garrett (3) and a yellow lab Trumann (9). I live a few blocks from where I grew up. My son go's to the same grade school I did down the street.
I'm a stay @ home dad for the past 2 years and work part-time on the flight line at the Waukesha Co. Airport (UES) refueling planes, jets & helicopters for Waukesha Flying Services. Got my pilots lisense in the early 90's form the same place. Haven't flown in years. BUT it's close to the house and it's fun to work there a few times a month for some spending money on my bad habbits (hobby's).
Passions are as follows: (no piticular order)
-my 2 boys
-wife
-our time in Mercer,Wi
-hunting
-trapping
-fishing
-'05 FatBoy (not stock)
-Yamaha SRX sled (not stock)
-a couple Honda 3 wheelers
-a few 4 wheelers (not stock)
-'02 FORD SuperDuty 4 door TurboDiesel (not stock)
I was on a SuperGluide then a '03 Heritage and then bought a '05 FatBoy this Sept., put 1,700 miles on it up til the other day and then place it quietly in a heated hanger for the time being.
She's jetted, pipes etc..., drag bars (pull back), just added a bob-tail fender the other day, the "Willey G. skull" chrome xtra's, tear-off windshield, T-Bag. Bar hopper or interstate cruzzer in 2 minutes, basically. Wanna add a Hyper Charger and braided wires next year amongst other things.
Yes I have friends in a few different “clubs” that I run with and I've been asked to join, but I'm independent and they respect that. Everyone’s happy.

Don't be offended that I'm not on here as much as others; I'm a busy dad raising the last 2 polite kids on the face of the earth it seems. But I may be looking for bike advice in the future, bare with me.

Riggs

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I like your attention to those boys and I'm sure they'll make you proud. Welcome to the board and I look forward to hearing from you from time-to-time.

I'm especially pleased that I got here before Popeye. Don't let him trick you into following his link.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hey Riggs,

Welcome to the forum. Seems like a lot of good folks here with some great advice when you ask for it.

Sounds like you have a great thing going for you... congrats... and your wife is a babe... congrats again.

I got yanked from my hometown and always wonder what it might have been like to still see those I grew up with, but then I would not have the great people I have come to know here in San Diego... it all works out.

Nice looking FatBoy... do you put the same fuel in it as that plane its parked next to?

You are right... that is a pretty nasty looking goat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8-Ball said:
Hey Riggs,
Seems like a lot of good folks here with some great advice when you ask for it.

and your wife is a babe... congrats again.

Nice looking FatBoy... do you put the same fuel in it as that plane its parked next to?

You are right... that is a pretty nasty looking goat.
Thanks eh. Seems like a nice forum, no doubt.

Naw, that Hawker 800 runs Jet-A (same as my truck)... my bike runs the 100LL (w/ some head work) that we fuel up the prop planes with, silly.

Hey, I've had that nasty goat since high school, it just won't go away.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Well if your wife fell in love with that nasty goat, then I say you better keep it.

Hey, you are the fuel man, maybe you can answer a question for me. I have been trying to get a ping out of my engine. I am scheduled for a dyno, but that isn't for two weeks. Can you tell me if an octane booster will help and, if so, which one and what mix.

What octane is that fuel you put in the FB.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hello and welcome to the VTF proper. Your application is approved.

You left out some details: Shoe size, favorite color and weather your a leg man, chest man or butt man. (just kidding, new friend)

Hope you will enjoy this fine forum as much as I have. Post up and get some laughs along the way.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63217
visit my store and add too the spectacle when you can.

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Hey Riggs!

:welcome: to the forum! Great folks, fun, and plenty of good info to be found here!

Nice looking rides, and a nice looking bride! A stay at home Dad, huh? A wife with a good job, too proud to make her husband work... you are THE MAN!!!

Got 2 boys myself (15 & 16 now), been taking them hunting since each was 12. Spend as much time with your boys (and bride) as you can; pays dividends beyond compare!

Look forward to reading your posts! Thanks for the pics.

JD

·
Just Sayin'
2,563 Posts
Hi Riggs,
:welcome: to the forum. both the bike and the wife are beauties. Post up when you can.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
8-Ball said:
Hey, you are the fuel man, maybe you can answer a question for me. I have been trying to get a ping out of my engine. I am scheduled for a dyno, but that isn't for two weeks. Can you tell me if an octane booster will help and, if so, which one and what mix.
Hhhhhmmm? All I can say is if you don't have any piston/head work done you won't be pushing enough compression to make any high octane work in your advantage what so ever.

In short: The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. When gas ignites by compression rather than because of the spark from the spark plug, it causes knocking in the engine. Lower-octane gas (like "regular" 87-octane gasoline) can handle the least amount of compression before igniting.
The compression ratio of your engine determines the octane rating of the gas you must use in your bike. One way to increase the horsepower of an engine of a given displacement is to increase its compression ratio. So a "high-performance engine" has a higher compression ratio and requires higher-octane fuel.
The name "octane" comes from the following fact: When you take crude oil and "crack" it in a refinery, you end up getting hydrocarbon chains of different lengths. These different chain lengths can then be separated from each other and blended to form different fuels. For example, you may have heard of methane, propane and butane. All three of them are hydrocarbons. Methane has just a single carbon atom. Propane has three carbon atoms chained together. Butane has four carbon atoms chained together. Pentane has five, hexane has six, heptane has seven and octane has eight carbons chained together.
Over-
I’m sure I shoulda posted this under a different topic, forgive me.
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Riggs, sorry, I should have given you more info and you are right, this should be in another thread. Actually, I have a thread already dealing with this so I will just give you the link and ask you to pop over and give it a look. I have also added my mods to my signature for your perusal.

Thanks again.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66615

• Bub True Duals
• D&M Cycles Bullet Air Cleaner
• 10.25:1 Cast High Compression "95" Pistons
22661-99A Standard Bore
• "95" Jugs
• Compression Release Valves
• Stock Heads
• Woods TW-6g Gear Driven Cams
• Race Tuner
(never dyno'ed but scheduled in about 2 weeks)
• Magnecor KV85 Plug Wire

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Hey Riggs, You aren't hiding that nice scooter in the Quad hanger, are you????
Welcome from another cheese head.:cheers: I've got a place just down the road from you in LDF.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
brittfan said:
Hey Riggs, You aren't hiding that nice scooter in the Quad hanger, are you????
Welcome from another cheese head.:cheers: I've got a place just down the road from you in LDF.
lol Brittfan - nope she's not in the Quad hanger. (But I used to work for Quad Tech.) It's in the Gold Corporate Jet hanger on the north side of the field next to the shop.
We should hook-up this summer (or whenever) and tear up Iron Co., shoot the scoots around, some 4 wheeling, a little fishin', bonefire, tunes and a beer.
My sister has a place north of Muk town off HWY 83 & I.

Riggs

·
Registered
292 Posts
The only problem with biking and 4 wheeling on the same weekend, is trailering 4 ATV's behind my bike. :hmmm: That's why I leave mine at my father's place. It's right on the north edge of the Jackson County forest which leads to some of the best trails in the state!

I've always wanted to ATV up where you go. Just can't find time right now.

You look familiar for some reason. Must have seen you along the road somewhere. Maybe at Milwaukee HD on Silver Spring?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Riggs, nice looking ride there. Sounds to me like you got your act together from about every angle. Take care and keep the priorities in the right order!

Ray

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Nice looking bike. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jkane said:
The only problem with biking and 4 wheeling on the same weekend, is trailering 4 ATV's behind my bike. :hmmm: That's why I leave mine at my father's place. It's right on the north edge of the Jackson County forest which leads to some of the best trails in the state!

I've always wanted to ATV up where you go. Just can't find time right now.

You look familiar for some reason. Must have seen you along the road somewhere. Maybe at Milwaukee HD on Silver Spring?
Kane- We leave a few wheelers up in Mercer and a few down here for that such reason. lol You're welcome to tool with us on any given weekend(week). Iron Co. has over 200 miles of (public) trails, waterfalls, Lk. Superior, etc... I've done the Black River gig b4 and it's a gas. We shoot the Fox River in the winter around here, from Capt. Missy's to Tichigan Lk.. Much fun, you should go.

Only been to Milwaukee H-D a few times, but I did run Pine Lawn Memorial Park in the past right near there.?.? I use Hal's H-D & Wisconsin H-D in Oconomowc mostly.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just joined up a few days ago as well, so it is great seeing even more people join.

Your profile really struck my eye as I am a checkride away from becoming a private pilot. Something that I have dreamed about for years is finally becoming a reality.

Keep up the great work on that flightline!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts